Passion. Pain. Revolution.
These are the three elements summarizing the 20th century, but also the entire story of Frida Kahlo, an artist that even today represents a symbol of female emancipation.
To the great Mexican artist we wanted to dedicate a Festival, to celebrate her greatness that developed in the same years in which cinema passed from being simple entertainment to a form of Art.
The Festival will organize screenings in different cities around the World and will welcome any movie genre. IMDb qualifier’s Frida Film Festival has been created by a Team of persons which have worked with several Oscar awards artists and well known Worldwide.
The Frida Film Festival is also a Community open to welcome those artists that believe in the value of beauty and poetry as a solution to the many social burdens that afflict the planet that welcomes us as a loving Mother and that has also given us Frida Kahlo.
Best Picture / Best Feature Film
Best Indie Feature Film / Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Film / Best Indie Short Film
Best Short Documentary / Best Super Short Film
Best Web/Tv Series / Best Music Video
Best Experimental / Best Animation
Best Student Film / Best Drama
Best Comedy / Best Horror
Best Thriller / Best Action
Best Sci-Fi / Best Fantasy
Best LGBTQ / Best Director
Best First Time Director / Best Producer
Best Actress / Best Actor
Best Original Screenplay / Best Original Score
Best Original Song / Best Cinematography
Best Editing / Best Sound Design
Best Short Script / Best Feature Script
- Short and feature films, in the form of narrative (fiction), documentary (non fiction), experimental or animated film.
- Music Videos
- Web/TV Series (also pilot)
- Feature Scripts, Short Scripts
By submitting your film, take note that:
- You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
- By submitting for the festival, you agree to receive promotional emails from the festival itself or from its partners.
- You agree to receive promotional email from us and our festival partners
- The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English or Italian)
- The scripts must be in English or Italian.
We do not accept:
1. Amateur videos
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations
3. Films involving politics / films promoting political agenda
4. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, video resolution less than 720p HD