"Content Creators Changing the World, One Project at a Time" is the theme of the 20th Urban Mediamakers Festival, October 11-24, 2021. This year's festival is in-person and virtual with a VIP outdoor screening in Gwinnett County, GA. Recognizing media as a powerful tool of choice for entertaining, informing, and inspiring, this annual content creators' festival showcases international independent media emphasizing work produced by or featuring individuals of color - African, Asian, Black, Latino and Native American.
In a virtual venue, Urban Mediamakers will promote, support and showcase filmmakers, independent content creators and multimedia producers — animation, advertising/marketing campaigns, blog, commercials, film, music, new media, podcasts. print, television, video YouTubers and web series.
Guided by past wisdom and reflecting the new and exciting generation of new technology, we are dedicated to thinking out of the traditional box as we pursue our dreams courageously.
UMF brings an exciting and creative atmosphere that encompasses cultural diversity, with activists, content creators, artists, writers and TV/movie buffs together under one roof to meet, collaborate and strategize for world change!
Actors, artists, bloggers, content creators, filmmakers, graphic designers, mobile app developers, musicians, podcasters, producers, YouTubers and writers have an opportunity to gain exposure for their projects, compete for the best-of-the-best with prizes in each category, attend industry-related educational series, along with excellent collaboration and networking.
Movie buffs, content creators, independent film and mix-media supporters have the opportunity to see a diverse group of superb films and projects from creatives that are independent with a vision.
The festival includes:
-- opening virtual reception and premiere.
-- virtual script reading featuring a scene from the top three screenplays in competition.
-- independent film screenings in competition in private rooms.
-- showcase of bloggers, podcasters, and mobile app developers.
-- Virtual Urban PitchFest 2021
-- 5th AfroFuturism Fest 2021 - Black sci-fi, fantasy, horror and gaming
-- workshops and panels.
-- Videopalooza 2021 - middle and high school screening series.
-- producers/distributors seeking independent films.
-- awards presentation and closing event.
-- closing night film.
-- audience award.
-- filmmaker and writer collaboration breakout sessions (SpeedCollabs).
-- winning films will be showcased in the Urban Mediamakers Content Creators Tour online.
UMF attendees have an opportunity to network with their peers and executives for collaborations on future projects, as well as interact with an audience that supports independent mediamaking.
YOUR film or script will make our festival phenomenal! Submit to UMF 2020 today!
Peace and blessings,
Cheryle Renee Moses
Founder and Producer
First place winners in each category will receive a gift card as thank you for the great work. Additionally, winners of each category will receive a certificate, sponsors/partners gifted products/services, consultation services and automatic distribution deal with UrbanFlixToGo for all festival official selections and winning films and series.
Urban Mediamakers Festival Rules
1. The Board of Directors of the Urban Mediamakers Festival and guest judges will select projects which will be presented in the competition and for screening. Each official selection will receive a Certificate of Participation.
2. Only projects that meet the following criteria may be chosen as official selections:
i) Films that have been produced during the 36 months preceding the Urban Mediamakers Festival;
ii) If participating in the “Short Film” category, films should not exceed 30 minutes in length, including credits.
iii) Official selections that are 30 minutes or shorter must be prepared to provide electronic copies of their projects for exhibition. Online preview and DVDs may be submitted for screeners.
3. Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival programme.
4. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
5. We encourage English language films to provide subtitles in Spanish for the final screened version.
6. The Board of Directors selects all members of the jury for competition and screening. Each jury member will vote by a secret ballot. No person having taken part in the production or promotion of a film in competition may be on the jury.
7. The jury is obliged to award the best project in each category: Shorty Short, Short, Music Video, Feature, Documentary Feature, Documentary Short, Animation, TV Series, Youth Film, College Student Short Film, Web Series, Commercial, Advertising/Marketing Campaign.
8. All projects submitted must reach the Festival office by August 30, 2020.
9. If your film is selected, you will be notified on or before September 1, 2020.
10. On being selected you must supply to us your work as an electronic file(s) via DropBox (or another service), digital/electronic copy of the film by September 15th.
11. The Festival office can provide you with further details if your project is selected.
12. Any expenses for the shipping (for both import and export), screening and translation of projects and media presented to the selection committee with a view to their possible selection, are to be met by the film’s producers or relevant body.
All expenses for the transportation and insurance of prints are also the responsibility of their owner.
13. If your project is selected for exhibit at the Festival, it is the requirement of the Festival that you put forth all effort to attend the festival, at your own travel/lodging expense to promote and support your film, and collect your award.
14. The Festival office has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
15. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms and rules.