The inaugural CineCina Film Festival, which took place between April 5th and April 19th, 2019, screened 22 Chinese-language art-house films. It is the only film festival in New York that concentrates in Chinese-language cinema. The festival welcomed filmmakers, film industry professionals, and scholars as distinguished guests.
This fall, CineCina Film Festival: The Road will expand the scope to showcase recent films from parts of the world whose cinema was previously under-appreciated by mainstream American audiences. Films will be juried by a panel of notable directors, critics, and actors from around the world, and will be eligible for prizes.
1. Films must be feature length (60 min or longer)
2. Films must be at least a New York premiere
3. Feature-length films (narrative or documentary) that are available for public online viewing in their entirety are NOT eligible.
4. Films shown at private screenings not open to the public (for crew, investors, etc.) are eligible.
5. All entries must be subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
6. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B) Submission Guidelines
1. Films must be submitted via online screener (It is recommended that films submitted via online screener be available to download).
2. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered.
3. All films selected for the CineCina Film Festival will screen on DCP unless otherwise arranged by the submitting filmmaker and programming team.
Early deadline entries must be submitted online by July 22, 2019.
Regular deadline entries must be submitted online by August, 25th, 2019
Late deadline entries must be submitted by September 14, 2019.
For films selected to screen at CineCina The Road, the Festival will only cover one-way shipping costs for the Festival screening hard drive or DCP.
E) Judging & Selection
Films are selected for Festival presentation by the CineCina Film Festival programming committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes to entries that are not selected.
All entrants will be notified on or before September 30th.
F) Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. These fees may be paid by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express) or PayPal.