Avail 25% DISCOUNT exclusively on FILMFREEWAY. Discount Code : CICFF03DIS20
Calcutta International Cult Film Festival (CICFF) is an IMDb Award Listing Qualifier and an Official Member of Film Society of Lincoln Centre - New York, University of Cambridge – UK, ICA – Boston, AFI - California , UCLA - Los Angeles.
CICFF is a monthly live screening film festival with an annual live screening mega award event in the City of Joy. The monthly live screenings take place at the end of each month at Indira Cinema (one of the most prestigious film venues of Kolkata). The Golden Fox Awards gala takes place in the December of each year at Rotary Sadan (a historical film venue in the heart of the city).
Mission: The sole purpose of CICFF is to develop a film culture that inspires and brings together cross-cultural innovations that enrich people’s lives with entertainment: and services that inform, educate and entertain.
The event's goals are to introduce more people to art-house cinema. We would like to see films made primarily for aesthetic and philosophical reasons. We believe that a story driven by a genuine expression can stimulate new thoughts that have the power to promote the fundamental principles of humanism; expand creative frontiers; stimulate new levels of compassion, and even lead to social change. The Festival is an organization dedicated to the discovery and development of new Artists and Audiences. The Festival seeks to support and inspire independent film and theatre artists from all over the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work. We also welcome established Art-house filmmakers, who have already produced a major contribution to the art of filmmaking.
Each month more than 50 films from the different categories are officially selected and out of them at least one per category is awarded. The most representative are monthly screened in Calcutta and have a free academic and detailed review published at our International film magazine CULT CRITIC (http://hlc-cultcritic.com), shared at respective IMDb pages (if applicable). All these monthly winners are automatically qualified for the annual live screening gala in the City of Joy and can be nominated for the prestigious GOLDEN FOX AWARDS (the best of the best). The gala will be held at the same time that PIAZZA DI CINEMA, our world film market event.
The annual event is a glamorous red carpet premiere with press conferences and gala parties at Kolkata in the presence of international movie celebrities. The participants have excellent opportunities to exchange their ideas, ideologies and cultural innuendoes. The winners have a chance to meet with the audience and participate in Q&A after the screening.
CICFF is a division of Human Lab Corporation, a leading Multinational film production and distribution company.
All projects officially selected in each month receive the CICFF laurel and certificate, and are rated at their IMDb pages (if applicable).
All monthly Award Winners receive the CICFF laurel and customized certificate.
Each month, the most representatives of monthly award winners are screened in Kolkata, at Indira Cinema, and reviewed by CULT CRITIC film magazine. These reviews are shared at each film IMDb page (if applicable). Some filmmakers, screenwriters and actors/actresses could be invited for an interview to be published as well in CULT CRITIC film magazine.
The awards are given in the follow categories:
Best Young Filmmaker (under 18)
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Sound Designing
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best VR/AR and 360º Film
Best Drone Film
Best Web and New Media Film
Best Mobile Film
Best Horror/Science Fiction Feature Film
Best Women’s Film
Best Film on Women
Best LGBT Film
Best Animated Film
Best Family/Children Film
Best Educational Film
Best Film on Disability Issue
Best Film on Religion
Best Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife
Best Travel Film
Best Silent Film
Best One Minute Film
Best Postmodern Film
Best Free Speech Film
Best Television/Pilot Program or Series
Best Music Video
Best Film Score/Soundtrack
Best Film/Video Poster
Best Treatment/ Synopsis
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
Besides MAIN AWARDS, it can be given also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS in the different categories. You may see the last award winners in this link: http://www.hlc-cicff.com/blog.
Each year we select the Best of the Best (from the pool of all award winners from all categories) and the prizes are the HLC’s prestigious GOLDEN FOX awards + plus Live Screenings in the theatre at Kolkata.
2017 Winners have a chance to meet with audience and participate at Q&A after screening.
We provide incentives for winning films, and present promotional strategies for the winning films and their directors. First we conduct an Interview with the director which is posted in our HLC portal, plus a published review by one of our esteemed writers from CULT CRITIC magazine. But that's not all: CICFF will take you global with international distribution opportunities for your films.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Calcutta International Cult Film Festival, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
CICFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2010, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the CICFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. The film submitted to the CICFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
3. A director / producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
4. The CICFF is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within India only. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
5. The CICFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CICFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
7. The CICFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the CICFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the CICFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
11. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
12. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
13. CICFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the film festival, they grant full and unrestricted permission for CICFF to screen the film/video at times of the festivals choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program. All the presented film/videos do win a GOLDEN FOX Award from the festival, CICFF only screens winners.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Features and Short Film Programs. The Festival (CICFF) is a non-profit, Cultural Organization with Federal, State, Country & City Tax-Exemptions.
Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases the festival (CICFF) from any and all liability for dam-ages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival, in conjunction with HLC Studio, Kolkata will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the festival (CICFF) is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening. We use Professional Pioneer International playback systems, all formats, all regions, including Region 0. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. The Festival (CICFF) assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
The Film Festival (CICFF) reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
The filmmaker will endeavour to present to The Festival (CICFF) a new and pre-checked Hard disk / DCP for the actual presentation of the video at the festival.