*** New Season Offer: 50% discount on all submission fees***
Use Code: CICFF50DISC
Calcutta International Cult Film Festival (CICFF) is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Organization and an IMDb Award Listing Qualifier.
The event is a monthly film festival with an annual live screening mega event in the City of Joy.
The Golden Fox Awards have taken place in January 2022 at Rotary Sadan (A historical film venue in the heart of the city). The next annual gala i.e. Golden Fox Awards will take place during January - March 2023 ( tentatively ).
All monthly winners of the period from January 2022 to December 2022 will be automatically nominated for the prestigious GOLDEN FOX AWARDS , 2023 (the best of the best) and they will be invited to attend our Annual Live Screening Gala in presence of juries, critics, film scholars and eminent movie personalities from across the globe.
Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards!
The sole purpose of CICFF is to develop a film culture that inspires and brings together cross-cultural innovations that enrich peoples' lives with information, education and entertainment.
Each month more than 50 films from different categories are officially selected and out of them at least one per category is awarded the winner tittle. The most representative are monthly screened in Calcutta and shared at respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
The annual event nominees have excellent opportunities to exchange their ideas and cultural ideologies. The winners have a chance to participate in Q&A after the screening.
CICFF is a division of Human Lab Corporation, a Multinational film production and distribution company.
The officially selected project in each month receives CICFF laurel and certificate. All monthly Award Winners receive CICFF laurel and customized certificate and are rated at their respective IMDb pages (if applicable).
The awards are given in the following categories:
Best Young Filmmaker (under 18)
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Sound Designing
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best VR/AR and 360º Film
Best Drone Film
Best Web and New Media Film
Best Mobile Film
Best Horror/Science Fiction Feature Film
Best Women’s Film
Best Film on Women
Best LGBT Film
Best Animated Film
Best Family/Children Film
Best Educational Film
Best Film on Disability Issue
Best Film on Religion
Best Film on Nature/Environment/Wildlife
Best Travel Film
Best Silent Film
Best One Minute Film
Best Postmodern Film
Best Free Speech Film
Best Television/Pilot Program or Series
Best Music Video
Best Film Score/Soundtrack
Best Film/Video Poster
Best Treatment/ Synopsis
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
Besides the WINNER AWARD, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT and CRITICS' CHOICE AWARD, which are given in different categories.
Each year we select a Winner amongst all the monthly winners, who will receive the prestigious GOLDEN FOX AWARDS.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
** Please make sure that your project follows all the mentioned criteria before submitting **
CICFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2015, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to this festival does not guarantee a selection. All officially selected candidates and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All Award winners will receive a certificate and laurel. Annual winners have the opportunity to win the Golden Fox Awards.
* Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally. *
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles, otherwise they will automatically be rejected.
2. The film submitted to the CICFF for a particular month can be re-submitted in a different category, at any time for a second chance.
3. A submitter can submit more than one film in a single category or a single film in more than one category, simultaneously.
4. CICFF will be granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted, for promotional purposes of the festival within India only. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
5. CICFF reserves the right to refuse entries, if violation of any of the above rules are found.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CICFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
7. The CICFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the CICFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the CICFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
11. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
12. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
13. CICFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
All filmmakers understand and accept that if their film is accepted for presentation and screening at the film festival, they grant full and unrestricted permission for CICFF to screen the film/video at times of the festivals choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program. All the presented film/videos do win a GOLDEN FOX Award from the festival, CICFF only screens winners.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Features and Short Film Programs. The Festival (CICFF) is a non-profit, Cultural Organization with Federal, State, Country & City Tax-Exemptions.
Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases the festival (CICFF) from any and all liability for dam-ages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival, in conjunction with HLC Studio, Kolkata will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the festival (CICFF) is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening. We use Professional Pioneer International playback systems, all formats, all regions, including Region 0. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. The Festival (CICFF) assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
The Film Festival (CICFF) reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
The filmmaker will endeavour to present to The Festival (CICFF) a new and pre-checked Hard disk / DCP for the actual presentation of the video at the festival.