Bangkok Underground Film Festival serves as a diverse platform for filmmakers from all walks of life & from all parts of the world who are serving to tell the stories which may have had limited exposure to wider culture. We celebrate emerging and unconventional cinema that may have been overlooked in the hustle of mainstream media. Invitations are open to the bizarre, the specific, the confronting and the abstract with the goal of enriching culture and broadening the boundaries of cinema.
This festival is part of the 2018 Bangkok Biennial.
• 18-19 Nov 2017: Bangkok Underground Cinema Shorts at Noise Market 7, Museum Siam, Bangkok
• 2-3 Jun 2017: Bangkok Underground Film Festival at Noise Market 6, Museum Siam, Bangkok
• 25 Feb-5 Mar 2017: Bangkok Underground Film Festival 2017 at Arunkarn, Bridge Art Space & Gallery VER carpark, Bangkok
• 21-22 Nov 2015: Bangkok Underground Cinema at Noise Market 5, Museum Siam, Bangkok
• Preferred file format: 1080p @ H.264
• Subtitles: hardcoded, yellow colour at bottom the of screen. Non Thai language submission please include Thai captions. Thai language submission please include English captions
(subtitles not mandatory but would benefit everyone)
All submissions will be considered for either of our 3 screenings in 2018:
• 30 June - 1 July 2018: Bangkok Underground Cinema Screening at Norm Market by Noise Market at Dadfa, Bangkok
• 29-30 September 2018: Bangkok Underground Film Festival 2018 at Gallery VER carpark, Bangkok
• 17-18 November 2018: Bangkok Underground Cinema Screening at Noise Market 8 at Museum Siam, Bangkok