INDIA is known for its colorful festivals.
..and so Color International Film Festival of India 2015 based in Ahmedabad, Gujarat - India, seeks to involve audiences in a full range of cultural opportunities, combining film, music and art into year-round events designed to cross-promote the works of filmmakers, musicians and artists to new audiences.
• Best Narrative Feature
• Best Documentary Feature
• Best Narrative Short
• Best Documentary Short
• Jury Award
• Audience Award
• The Social Impact Award:
This prize will be awarded to the best film across all categories that promotes social change and awareness. The Socially Impact Award will be determined by the CIFFI 2015 Jury and will have a cash value too.
• Entrants accept all rules and regulations of CIFFI and must be 18+ yrs old or have written adult consent by a parent or guardian
• Films that are not in the English language must be subtitled or dubbed
• Films must not have been screened publicly prior to January 2014
• Films submitted to Color International Film Festival of India in 2015 must never have been
broadcasted publicly (on the internet or television). However if the film is commercially released in theaters worldwide it is still eligible to compete at Color International Film Festival of India 2015.
• The filmmaker represents and warrants that the submitted material is an original work and that there are no disputes regarding ownership of the submission.
• The filmmaker represents and warrants that the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead and he/she fully indemnifies the Festival against any claim made for such violations of the law. The filmmaker understands that failure to adhere to the Festival rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee. The filmmaker agrees to hold Color International Film Festival of India harmless from and defends them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not they are groundless, based on any film submitted to the Festival.
Entry Materials must include the following:
A signed and completed Entry Form
Entry Fee in INR payable by credit card, check, cash, etc.
All works not submitted on FilmFreeway as secure online screeners must be submitted on DVD or Blu-ray Format (2 copies must be provided).
• Please note that entry materials will not be returned
• For multiple entries, please note that each film entered must have a separate entry form and separate DVD or Blu-ray. Additionally, each film must be submitted separately on FilmFreeway. Fees for multiple entries may be combined either through the FilmFreeway system or through mailed payment.
• Please be sure that the entry and confirmation forms are legible
• Please indicate the running time of your film
If your work is accepted into CIFFI 2015:
• A full resolution digital file must be provided and sent to The Director of Programming upon acceptance
• A “Film Information Form” must be completed, signed and sent in with the exhibition copy upon acceptance
• The Filmmaker must provide The Director of Programming with a trailer or clip of the film under 2 minutes in length as a digital file or online link that can be embedded or downloaded
• Additional 2 DVD or BLU - RAY (PAL) screeners for CIFFI 2015 archives and press must be provided upon acceptance
• One comprehensive digital press kit must be provided to The Director of Programming which includes film stills, photo of director, synopsis of film for marketing material, full cast a crew credits, and bio of director. The Director of Programming reserves the right to secure alternative materials from other sources.
Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs, related documents, photographs, and publicity materials from
the country of origin to the CIFFI 2015 office shall be borne by the applicant. CIFFI 2015 will pay for the return of any hard drives to the filmmaker via courier services.
CIFFI 2015 will be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the entry and with all accepted films for marketing material. These photographs and publicity material will not be returned to the filmmaker.
For promotional and publicity purposes, trailers or brief clips of any film entered into the Festival may be shown on any television network, the internet, or related media throughout the duration of the Festival.
Films submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be accepted after submission.
If your film is programmed for CIFFI 2015, you will be able to send us your most recent edit for exhibition.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit screener DVDs without any physical or quality defects.
CIFFI 2015 does not pay screening fees under any circumstance. By submitting your film, you are agreeing to screen your film without a screening fee or any other compensation if it is selected.
Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be binding on all parties.
Submission in the Festival implies acceptance of these regulations.
Accepted Filmmaker Package Checklist
• Complete entry form with signature or confirmation form from FilmFreeway
• 2 DVD or BLU RAY ( PAL) screeners
• Synopsis of the film (approx 150 words)
• Director biography
• Entry Fee
• Photograph of director
• Still photographs of film (minimum 2)
• Production still (minimum 2)
• Poster (if any)
• Press Kit
Entrants must complete and sign the entry form and send payment along with all materials to the following address:
Color International Film Festival of India Attn: Submissions 40, DEVDARSHAN CO. OP. SOCIETY, ATPO-BOPAL, TAL-DASCROI, BOPAL, AHMEDABAD, 380058.
For International Submissions: Color International Film Festival of India Attn: Submissions 40, DEVDARSHAN CO. OP. SOCIETY, AT-PO-BOPAL, TAL-DASCROI, BOPAL, AHMEDABAD, 380058.
Alternatively, filmmakers may submit through www.filmfreeway.com.
FilmFreeway will have entry forms on their website. Please print your confirmation form and send it to CIFFI 2015 headquarters. Payment can be processed online.
Films may be re-entered in subsequent years provided that significant changes have been made to them and that they still meet all rules, regulations, and eligibility requirements. Films must not have been screened publicly prior to January 2014.
All filmmaker participants accepted into the Festival will be notified by The Director of Programming one month prior to the Festival. A Filmmaker Packet will be emailed to those invited.
*Please note that a valid and current physical address and email address must be provided with the film.
Please update that information with The Director of Programming if anything should change from the date of entry. The Director of Programming reserves the right to inquire about other invitations to Festivals prior to acceptance into CIFFI 2015.