Cultural Association “Visione Arte” (Art Vision) presents the 14th edition
“Corti in Cortile” which has recently turned into International Short Film Festival.
The festival is held in Catania, Italy- Sicily, from Wednesday 21th to Sunday September 25th 2022.
The Festival wants to be a showcase for national and international emerging independent productions. The contest is open both to Italian and foreign authors.
Submission deadline: 21 July 2022
The competition is open to SHORT and DOC MOVIE – national and international short films and documentaries, except for TV adverts, TV single and/or video clips.
Maximum length (duration): 16 minutes (titles included).
In order to submit the Festival contest you have to complete your short film shooting after January 1st 2019. Each submission grants two work shows only.
“Corti in Cortile” – award to the best work in contest 1000 Euro
"Best screenplay" plaque
"Best photography" plaque
“Mariella Lo Giudice” – award plaque to the best actress/actor.
Special awards may be instituted by the Board of Directors
during the Festival.
The festival includes four competitive sections:
• SHORT MOVIES - national and international short films (made with any technique);
Corti in Cortile Award, il Cinema in Breve 2022
Award Euro 1000 or material / services of registered value Recognition plate
• CINEMA AND ENVIRONMENT - national and international short films with English subtitles;
Cinema and Environment Award plaque of recognition
• CINEMA AND PSYCHIATRY - national and international short films with English subtitles;
Cinema and Psychiatry Award plaque of recognition
• DOCUMENTARIES - national and international short films with English subtitles;
Documentary Award plaque of recognition
Il festival prevede quattro sezioni competitive:
• CORTOMETRAGGI – cortometraggi nazionali ed internazionali (realizzati con qualsiasi tecnica);
Premio CORTI IN CORTILE, il Cinema in breve 2022
Premio Euro 1000 o materiale/servizi del valore corrispondente Targa di riconoscimento
• CINEMA E AMBIENTE – cortometraggi nazionali e internazionali con sottotitoli in inglese;
Premio Cinema e Ambiente targa di riconoscimento
• CINEMA E PSICHIATRIA – cortometraggi nazionali e internazionali con sottotitoli in inglese;
Premio Cinema e Psichiatria targa di riconoscimento
• DOCUMENTARI - cortometraggi nazionali e internazionali con sottotitoli in inglese;
Premio Documentari targa di riconoscimento
Registration and Deadline:
- It is important to send the film only once and in a single format.
Submission of a working copy does not represent a
substitute for an over-term submission of the final copy.
Submission deadline: 21 July 2022
Mention: Mandatory for the selected films to receive 2 or more scene pictures or photograms from the content of the short films at the email address: email@example.com
- Foreign authors wiil be so kind to submit their work with Italian subtitles (videos included) Alternatively, you will have to provide a dialogues' list in Italian
- Italian authors will be so kind to submit their works with English subtitles
The Festival Board of Directors reserves their right to make free use of excerpts from film for promotional purposes with a maximum duration of 45 seconds, as well as the pictures and all the material received.
All submitted works will be kept in the archive of the Association “Visione Arte”.
- The selected films list as well as the detailed festival program will be published on the website www.cortiincortile.it by 5th September 2022.
Submission and acceptance of this Regulation imply authorization to public screening of the short film.
The director or producer or a representative of the cast, if their short film is the winner, is obliged to attend the awards ceremony. If this is not possible, the prize will be awarded to another short film. Only if the winning short films are foreign and no one who represents them for obvious technical reasons can attend, the director is obliged to send a video message of thanks.
Each author is responsible for the content of the submitted work and claims to be the owner of all rights (direct and indirect) of the work.
Acceptance of the rules
Submitting the competition implies full acceptance of rules here above. Any irregularities or non-compliance to the rules voids participation in the festival and all the
initiatives promoted and realized by “Visione Arte”.
The Board of Directors can take decisions on matters not provided by the Regulation. Any controversy will compete the Court of Catania and the Italian Law will prevail this
General organization, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to make changes to these regulations and schedule of events, before deadline subscriptions.
This year “Visione Arte” with a Jury chosen by the “Corti in Cortile” Board of directors will select the winners of the major national and international short films and
documentaries festivals according to the following rules:
a) technical and professional quality expressed in the short film;
b) technical and professional work in relation to the value of all professional aspects related to the short-film material realization (writer, director, camera technique,
c) expressed artistic quality;
d) artistic quality – actors’ skill;
e) language and communication skills delivered through the effectiveness of the linguistic message.
The jury's decisions are final.
All personal data supplied by submission for shall be treated
a laid out in the Legislative Decree n° 196 dated 2003-
Personal data security.