Cultural Association “Visione Arte” (Art Vision) presents the 12th edition
“Corti in Cortile” which has recently turned into
International Short Film Festival.
The festival is held in Catania, Italy- Sicily,
from Friday 15th to Sunday September 19th 2021.
The Festival wants to be a showcase for national and
international emerging independent productions. The contest is open both
to Italian and foreign authors.
Submission deadline: 21 July 2021
The competition is open to SHORT and DOC MOVIE – national
and international short films and documentaries, except for
TV adverts, TV single and/or video clips.
Maximum length (duration): 16 minutes (titles included).
In order to submit the Festival contest you have to complete your short film shooting
after January 1st 2019. Each submission grants two work shows only
“Corti in Cortile” – award to the best work in contest 500 Euro
"Best screenplay" plaque
"Best photography" plaque
“Mariella Lo Giudice” – award plaque to the best actress/actor.
Special awards may be instituted by the Board of Directors
during the Festival.
The festival includes eight competitive sections:
• SHORT MOVIE - national and international short films;
Corti in Cortile Award,
il Cinema in Breve 2020
Award Euro 500 or material / services of registered value Recognition plate;
• SICILIA SHORT MOVIE LGBT- national and international short films;
Sicilia Queer short movie Award plaque of recognition
• CINEMA AND ENVIRONMENT - national and international short films;
Cinema and Environment Award plaque of recognition
• ANIMATION SHORTS - national and international short films;
Award of Corti Animazione plaque of recognition
• SHORTS IN SCHOOL - national short films
Corti a Scuola Award recognition plaque
• SICILIAN SHORT FILMS - Sicilian short films with English subtitles
• HORROR SHORT FILMS - Horror short films with English subtitles
• EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILMS - Experimental short film with English subtitles
• WOMEN SHORT FILMS - short films directed and acted by women with English Subtitles
Il festival prevede sette sezioni competitive:
• SHORT MOVIE – cortometraggi nazionali ed internazionali;
Premio CORTI IN CORTILE,
il Cinema in breve 2020
Premio Euro 500 o materiale/servizi del valore corrispondente Targa di riconoscimento;
• SICILIA SHORT MOVIE LGBT- cortometraggi internazionali e non a tema LGBT;
Premio Sicilia Queer Short Movie targa di riconoscimento
• CINEMA E AMBIENTE – cortometraggi nazionali e internazionali;
Premio Cinema e Ambiente targa di riconoscimento
• CORTI DI ANIMAZIONE – cortometraggi nazionali e internazionali;
Premio Corti di Animazione targa di riconoscimento
• CORTI A SCUOLA – cortometraggi nazionali
Rassegna di cortometraggi realizzati da studenti
• CORTOMETRAGGI SICILIANI – cortometraggi siciliani con sottotitoli in inglese
• HORROR SHORT FILMS - cortometraggi horror con sottotitoli in inglese
• CORTI SPERIMENTALI - cortometraggi sperimentali con sottotitoli in inglese
• CINEMA DONNA - dedicata ai cortometraggi diretti e interpretati da donne
Registration and Deadline
- Vimeo Upload. Please load your work on Vimeo and send it to
the link and password to email@example.com
This allows the Festival staff to watch your production. It is
important to send the film only once and in a single
format. Submission of a working copy does not represent a
substitute for an over-term submission of the final copy.
Submission deadline: 21 July 2021
Mention: Mandatory for the selected films to receive 2 or
more scene pictures or photograms from the content of the
short films at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foreign authors wiil be so kind to submit their work
with Italian subtitles (videos included) Alternatively, you will have to provide a dialogues' list in Italian
- Italian authors will be so kind to submit their works
with English subtitles
The Festival Board of Directors reserves their right to make
free use of excerpts from film for promotional purposes with
a maximum duration of 45 seconds, as well as the pictures and
all the material received.
All submitted works will be kept in the archive of the
Association “Visione Arte”.
4. The selected films list as well as the detailed festival
program will be published on the website
www.cortiincortile.it by 5th September 2021.
Submission and acceptance of this Regulation imply
authorization to public screening of the short film.
Each author is responsible for the content of the submitted
work and claims to be the owner of all rights (direct and
indirect) of the work.
Acceptance of the rules
Submitting the competition implies full acceptance of
rules here above. Any irregularities or non-compliance to the
rules voids participation in the festival and all the
initiatives promoted and realized by “Visione Arte”.
The Board of Directors can take decisions on matters not
provided by the Regulation. Any controversy will compete the
Court of Catania and the Italian Law will prevail this
General organization, in its sole discretion, reserves the
right to make changes to these regulations and schedule of
events, before deadline subscriptions.
This year “Visione Arte” with a Jury chosen by the “Corti in
Cortile” Board of directors will select the winners of the
major national and international short films and
documentaries festivals according to the following rules:
a) technical and professional quality expressed in the short
b) technical and professional work in relation to the value
of all professional aspects related to the short-film
material realization (writer, director, camera technique,
c) expressed artistic quality;
d) artistic quality – actors’ skill;
e) language and communication skills delivered through the
effectiveness of the linguistic message.
The jury's decisions are final.
All personal data supplied by submission for shall be treated
a laid out in the Legislative Decree n° 196 dated 2003-
Personal data security.