São Paulo Webfest is the first web series festival of São Paulo, the biggest city of Brazil and the most important commercial centre of South America.
The festival is outlined by three principles:
1) All submissions are FREE worldwide.
2) Only 20 series will be selected, being 5 series produced only in São Paulo.
3) All awards are also cash awards* (see Rules & Terms for more info).
It is an one day event, from morning to night filled with keynotes, roundtables, panels, screenings, masterclasses, networking events and the awards ceremony. Even if your work is not selected, if you are part of the web series community or want to learn more about it, all events are free.
Please follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to stay on top of the latest news.
Join us in São Paulo in early August!
Best Art Direction
Best Worldwide Series
Best Sampa Series
We are looking for creators of serialized audiovisual content. For a series to be eligible for entry, you must have at least 2 episodes ready to be seen by the festival committee by the end of the registration deadline. There is no minimum or maximum duration limit for each episode, but the series must have been produced after December 2016.
All selected works must have subtitles in English and / or Brazilian Portuguese to be displayed, regardless of their country of origin.
Those selected should provide a high-resolution copy of the episode (s) encoded in .mp4 or .mov in 1080p, H264 codec, maximum 10Mbps bitrate, 23.98 fps or 29.97 fps, NTSC. Please check your files before submitting them.
RULES & TERMS
1) São Paulo Webfest 2018 will be held in São Paulo, in early August 2019.
2) Entries will be open between April 1 and May 15, 2018. The Official Selection will be announced May 20.
3) Submission Format: series requires at least two episodes released and must be submitted online exclusively through the FilmFreeway website.
4) Eligibility: All series, released after December 2015, of World Place, with a minimum of two episodes, are eligible for registration.
5) Registration is free.
6) Selection of the Series: The inscriptions are reviewed and selected according to the following criteria: narrative quality and production, performance, originality, photography, sound and other technical categories. The official selection will be announced on April 30th and all the subscribers will be notified by email about the result. Selected subscriptions should send their digital files for display encoded in .mp4 or .mov in 1080p, h264, bitrate of 20Mbps maximum, 23.98 fps or 29.97 fps, NTSC.
7) All official selections must provide English subtitles for display copies, regardless of the original language.
8) Selected series shows will be held during festival dates, at the discretion of the SPWF. Every effort will be made to comply with the published schedule, but we reserve the right to make changes at any time for any reason and we will not be liable if a change in last minute programming is required.
9) Creators can send as many websites as they want.
10) The organization of the festival is sovereign in all its decisions, including on the distribution of prizes, trophies and laurels, and is free to modify them, if necessary, for reasons of "force majeure". This resolution is always maintained as the last resort, to be appealed only when all dialogue and conciliation alternatives have been exhausted.
11) The creator is fully responsible for the copyrights of all the works included in the uploaded videos, such as soundtrack, logo and supporting images. In case the copyright holder claims to claim them, the festival can not be held responsible.
12) During the awards, the trophies are delivered to any representative of the series or responsible for their registration form, except for exceptions that must be sent in writing before the celebration. If the winner is not present to receive it personally, the trophy can be sent by courier, provided the creator pays the shipping costs.
13) Filling in the application form does not guarantee official selection for the prize. The organization of the festival will pre-select the subscribers and publish an official selection.
14) Cash prizes will be paid via national bank transfer or via international Paypal only. All financial transaction fees fall on the prize winner and not on the festival.
15) As the festival is completely free, the prize money depends on sponsorship from third parties. If this contribution does not materialize, the minimum prize will be 100.00 BRL per prize.
16) By agreeing to the festival's rules, you also agree to use your image and excerpts from your submitted work to promote the event, as well as live broadcasts on social media such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and traditional TV channels.