“10th International Inter-University Short Film Festival- 2018” organized by Dhaka University Film Society is a festival to promote and inspire the work of University going filmmakers with the slogan "Take Your Camera, Frame Your Dream". In 2007, International Inter-University Short Film Festival (IIUSFF) started its journey with the goal to provide a platform for the young and talented student filmmakers in Bangladesh and abroad to showcase their talent. Over the years, it has succeeded in creating a name of its own and to work as a cross-cultural platform to portray the different styles and dimensions of young University-going filmmakers throughout the world.
#01. Zahir Raihan Best Short Award
This award is given by the jury board of International Inter University Short Film Festival for the Best Short Film of the festival. It was first introduced in 2009. This award is worth of 300$.
#02. Tareque Masud Best Emerging Director Award
The 9th edition of IIUSFF introduced a new award in memory of legendary Bangladeshi film-maker Tareque Masud. This award is given to the best Bangladeshi film-maker participating in the festival. The aim is to encourage Bangladeshi film-makers to produce more quality films. This award is worth of 200$.
#03. Short Film on Refugee Winner
10th IIUSFF has introduced a new category titled "Short Film on Refugee". Winner and runners up in this category will receive a prize money of $300 and $200 respectively.
Submit your short drama/ docu-short/ interview short/ portrait/ panorama and any other sub-category related to Refugee context under 15 minutes to compete and win this amazing prize.
#04. Talent Campus Participation
Top 20 short listed Participants will get a free entrance to attend the talent campus session conducted by renowned film makers and film personals to sharpen their skills to frame their dreams in future.
#05. Screening Session
Top 50 short listed Films will be screened on several IIUSFF festival venues across the country and overseas including India and USA.
#06. Certificate, Gifts and Kit packs
Top 50 Short listed Films will receive a certificate of appreciation, a plaque of appreciation and festival kits.
The requirements of participating in the festival area.
1. Films previously submitted to any edition of International Inter University Short Film Festival are NOT eligible.
2. The entrant has to be an undergraduate student or postgraduate student, currently enrolled in a University/College. Those who have completed their undergraduate studies within the previous 2 (Two) years are also eligible.
3. Any single entrant can submit a maximum of two films in any category.
4. Submitted films cannot be available in any open access streaming site (e.g.- YouTube, Facebook) during the competition period.
5. Films earlier screened in other festivals (in any country) are eligible. The entrant has to mention the names of the festivals the film has been screened in.
6. All entries must be subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
7. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
8. By submitting their films in our competition, entrants submit the screening rights to Dhaka University Film Society (DUFS). Selected films will be screened in public sessions and DUFS holds the right to screen the films in selected festival venues.
9. For Selected Short Films each submitter have to pay $5 as screening fee. for more details visit www.dufs.org