"Fans of absurd amounts of gore, gratuitous nudity, nerve-shredding horror, and gonzo action, take heart: Your film festival of choice is here again." - AV Club
"The most impressive horror festival this city has seen" - RogerEbert.com
"Has begun to make a serious mark in the stuffed calendar of horror-themed festivals." - Entertainment Weekly
"These folks have given me so many amazing experiences. Make sure to put this Fest on your radar for next summer! They. Get. You" - C. Robert Cargill (writer of Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE and SINISTER).
"Chicago's Cinepocalypse is quickly becoming one of the most exciting genre film festivals in North America" - Daily Dead
"Bolstered by a tight and supportive genre community, Cinepocalypse is establishing itself as a key Summertime stop on the genre and fantastic film circuit here in North America." - Screen Anarchy
"Quickly marked itself as a fest worth keeping our eyes on." Film School Rejects
Since 2014, Cinepocalypse (previously Bruce Campbell’s Horror Film Festival), has terrorized audiences with an annual slate of premiere films, guests, and bloodcurdling entertainment. Named a top genre festival in the world by MovieMaker Magazine, the festival has recently played host to the likes of: John Carpenter, Lana Wachowski, Fede Alvarez, Eli Roth, Christopher Lloyd, Scott Derrickson, Ernest Dickerson, Fred Dekker, Tom Holland, Larry Cohen, Barbara Crampton, Stephen Hopkins, William Sadler, Stephen Lang, Eric Roberts, comedian Doug Benson, and many more talented filmmakers from around the globe.
CINEPOCALYPSE, a full week of ass-kicking genre movies, is excited to return on June 14th-21st, 2019. Within the confines of the historic Music Box Theater, theater, fans can expect an unrivaled genre offering of bloody international badassery & terror, world & regional premieres, repertory cinema, special guests, parties, and much more!
Featured in Entertainment Weekly, People Magazine, and The AV Club, our 2018 festivities sponsored by IFC Midnight and Bloody-Disgusting.com debuted over 50 films and NINE world premieres including titles from Blumhouse, Orion Pictures, and SYFY. Our jury was presided over by Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE filmmakers: Director Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill. With our ever evolving spotlight on repertory cinema, we featured 35mm screenings of BOUND with Lana Wachowski, TALES FROM THE CRYPT: DEMON KNIGHT & JUICE (both with director/award recipient Ernest Dickerson in attendance), JUDGMENT NIGHT (with director Stephen Hopkins), KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE (with the Chiodo Brothers!), and a 70mm screening of HOWARD THE DUCK (we made it trend on Twitter!).
For 2019 our plans are even crazier, but the festival depends on YOUR films. We love the discovery aspect of submissions (it's the heart and soul of our programming), and we can't wait to see what you've got! Seriously. We were all literally just talking about how excited we are to begin watching your movies. So please, MELT OUR DAMN EYEBALLS!
Audience Choice Award
Best Short Director
Best Special Effects
Special prizes to be announced at a later date!
• Each entry must be submitted via Filmfreeway.com or disc format (dvd/blu ray). Label each film with your name, address, telephone number, and film title.
• Applicants submitting films that contain significant non-English spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles
• Accepted entries may be invited to host a 5-10 minute Q&A session immediately following the screening of their film
• Though your film may fit into more than one category, please select the ONE you feel best classifies your work
• Excluded from consideration are works such as previews and advertising films, sequences from feature-length films such as credit sequences, unaired episodes of established TV series and unsold TV series pilots
• Short and feature films do not have any premiere requirements other than regional to Chicago. U.S. and international films will forfeit their eligibility for submission to the Festival if they were previously released theatrically or on DVD, broadcast on television or the internet.
• Any films submitted for 2018 consideration must have been completed between the years of 2017-2018
• It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure authorization and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted Film. Cinepocalypse expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted content or materials within or relating to the submitted film, including any content or materials that are or may become the basis for any third party claims for copyright infringement
• Upon completion of the Festival selection process, Cinepocalypse will attempt to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify the Applicant of the film’s acceptance status. Cinepocalypse disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct throughout the entirety of the submission period
Cinepocalypse is under no obligation to provide to the Applicant or any other representative of the Film any comments or feedback regarding the submitted film, any information relating to the manner in which the film is, will be, or was reviewed nor any reasons why the Film, should it not be accepted for exhibition at the Festival, was
Cinepocalypse is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt or a still from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and in perpetuity for exhibition as well as both pre and post-festival promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Cinepocalypse from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.