Since 2014, Bruce Campbell’s Horror Film Festival, the mid-wests largest cinematic horror gathering, has terrorized audiences with an annual slate of premiere films, guests, and bloodcurdling entertainment. In just three short years, the festival played host to the likes of: John Carpenter, Fede Alvarez, Eli Roth, Christopher Lloyd, Fred Dekker, Tom Holland, Barbara Crampton, William Sadler, Stephen Lang, comedian Doug Benson, and many more talented filmmakers from around the globe.
Leaving a trail of apocalyptic annihilation in the village of Rosemont, the festival’s sprit has ventured towards a new location to haunt, rabid for carnage, shedding its skin and evolving into a brand new behemoth forming an epic alliance with Chicago’s infamous Music Box Theatre!
One of the nation’s most prestigious art house theatres, the Music Box's year-round programming has offered genre fans some of the very finest cinematic experiences in digital, 35mm, and 70mm!
Together, we present our second annual CINEPOCALYPSE, a full week of ass-kicking genre movies, launching June 21st-28th, 2018. Within the confines of the historic theater, fans of BCHFF & Music Box’s programming can expect an unrivaled Chicago offering of bloody international badassery & terror, world & regional premieres, repertory cinema, special guests, parties, and much more!
Our 2018 program, thanks to our sponsors IFC Midnight, AV Club and Bloody Disgusting, CINEPOCALYPSE was able to select and screen over 60 films, including the World Premiere of PRIMAL RAGE and U.S. Premieres of LOWLIFE (jury award winner) SNOWFLAKE (audience award winner), and closing night film BEYOND SKYLINE. Special guests such as Joe Carnahan, Eric Roberts, Larry Cohen, Simon Barrett, Jessica Harper, Antonio Fargas, Barbara Crampton, along with filmmakers from around the world, appeared throughout the festival as well.
Check out our launch announcement from 2017 in Entertainment Weekly, Birth. Movies. Death., & Bloody-Disgusting:
Audience Choice Award
Best Short Director
Best Special Effects
Special prizes to be announced at a later date!
• Each entry must be submitted via Filmfreeway.com or disc format (dvd/blu ray). Label each film with your name, address, telephone number, and film title.
• Applicants submitting films that contain significant non-English spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles
• Accepted entries may be invited to host a 5-10 minute Q&A session immediately following the screening of their film
• Though your film may fit into more than one category, please select the ONE you feel best classifies your work
• Excluded from consideration are works such as previews and advertising films, sequences from feature-length films such as credit sequences, unaired episodes of established TV series and unsold TV series pilots
• Short and feature films do not have any premiere requirements other than regional to Chicago. U.S. and international films will forfeit their eligibility for submission to the Festival if they were previously released theatrically or on DVD, broadcast on television or the internet.
• Any films submitted for 2018 consideration must have been completed between the years of 2017-2018
• It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure authorization and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted Film. Cinepocalypse expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted content or materials within or relating to the submitted film, including any content or materials that are or may become the basis for any third party claims for copyright infringement
• Upon completion of the Festival selection process, Cinepocalypse will attempt to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form to notify the Applicant of the film’s acceptance status. Cinepocalypse disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any failure to contact the Applicant using the contact information provided on the submission form. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to ensure that the contact information provided on the submission form is correct throughout the entirety of the submission period
Cinepocalypse is under no obligation to provide to the Applicant or any other representative of the Film any comments or feedback regarding the submitted film, any information relating to the manner in which the film is, will be, or was reviewed nor any reasons why the Film, should it not be accepted for exhibition at the Festival, was
Cinepocalypse is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt or a still from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and in perpetuity for exhibition as well as both pre and post-festival promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Cinepocalypse from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.