Based on the recommendations of both state and federal organizations, The Amarillo Film Festival has decided to cancel this year's festival.
We’ll be sure to keep you posted on future decisions as we look to reschedule and want to use this opportunity to encourage you to go and create!
All the best,
Amarillo Filmmakers Collective
The 2nd annual Amarillo Film Festival is the areas only and most unique interactive showcase of stories, talent and art from the Panhandle of Texas. Experience local community, industry panel discussions and films from the areas leading filmmakers.
1. We encourage submissions in the form of narrative feature-length films (90-120 minutes recommended), documentary feature-length films (60-120 minutes recommended), and narrative and documentary short-length films (under 30 minutes recommended).
2. Films must be available for screening during the festival, April 17,18 and 19, 2020.
3. By submitting a film, you grant the Amarillo Film Festival & Amarillo Filmmakers Collective permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into the 2020 lineup.
4. By submitting a film, you acknowledge that the Amarillo Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES for accepted films.
5. By submitting a film, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Amarillo Film Festival website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow AFF to promote the following year's festival with the above excerpts, highlights and/or trailers. AFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the AFF.
6. You may submit as many entries as you like.
7. The only acceptable way to submit your film is via FilmFreeway, as an online screener (Vimeo password protected link is recommended).
8. The selected works will be exhibited digitally (shorts only) and on DCP (features only).
9. In accordance with the AFF policy, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of AFF.
10. Filmmakers must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist with the film.
11. All entries must be submitted through FilmFreeway by April 1, 2020.
12. Notification of selections will be by April 8, 2020. Only then will the film be considered for awards. Please understand that acceptance in the festival will in no way guarantee that you, your actors or crew will be offered paid transportation or lodging for the event.
13. Amarillo Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from the Amarillo Film Festival.
15. AFF may choose to screen a submitted film out-of-competition during the festival if a category is filled.