What else can be said that has not been said before?
We are new and amid thousands of established film festivals around the globe.
We promise nothing. We guarantee nothing.
Only that it will be an event for independent filmmakers to feel respected, valued, and shown sincere appreciation for their contribution to the art form of storytelling.
Yes, there will be awards.
Yes, there will be celebrities, parties, and networking events.
So, what will be different about us?
Our festival will further contribute to the revitalization and current renaissance taking place in the City of Newburgh by making it a premier annual event of the Northeast. A true "crossroads of the future". A place where you can be you. Where others have failed, we will work to uphold our mission ... to celebrate your valued contribution and bring it before the world.
Newburgh, NY, once the jewel of American cities, had fallen prey to urban "dis-renewal". Historically rich and set on the scenically beautiful Hudson River, our multicultural city is most certainly on the rise, and a renaissance has taken hold. A place where all are welcomed and all cultures are celebrated.
Easily accessible by land, river, train, and air, Newburgh, NY is located only 60 miles away from New York City. Only an hour's train ride on the scenic Metro-North and boasts Stewart International Airport just 4 miles away. So, one can enjoy all that the festival has planned to offer while discovering new adventures during ones stay here.
Hope to see you in June!
'The Edison' is an award named after Thomas Alva Edison. This jury award is given to one filmmaker in each of the following categories for their outstanding work.
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Movie Made on Mobile
The Mickey Spillane Award 'The Mickey' (Best Screenplay)
The William S. Hart Award (Best Actor & Best Actress)
The Illumination Award (Best Promising Student Filmmaker)
The Grind House Award (Best Otherworldly Feature)
The Eddie(best mobile Feature)
• Please review the premiere requirements. Refunds will not be made for
filmmakers who submit films that are ineligible.
• All feature films of long and short format MUST HAVE BEEN COMPLETED IN 2018.
• Feature films that have had commercial theatrical, television or internet play in the USA are ineligible.
• Feature films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival consideration and presentation.
• Please observe the running time frames for your submission:
- Feature-length Dramatic Fiction and Documentary Films (> 50 minutes)
- Short films (< 30 minutes)
- Movies Made-on-Mobile (<5min)
- Student shorts (< 20 minutes)
• For submission purposes, films may be works-in-progress, but we recommend that it be as close to the final cut as possible. Temporary color, soundtracks, score or digital outputs are acceptable.
• Filmmakers must deliver the final format (as indicated in the “screening requirements” section below) for Festival screenings. No exceptions will be permitted.
• Student shorts must be works shot, directed, and produced by high school or college level students. Adult supervision must be limited to an advisory capacity.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING:
• All entry screeners must be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway and/or WithoutBox. Please fill out all submission forms accurately and entirely.
• Do not submit a press kit. We will request press kits only if a film has been accepted.
You may submit more than one film, but each individual film must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee payment. Deadline dates and submission fees vary based on the category of entry. If your project is not received by the deadline for which you have registered, you will need to make an additional payment.
If your film is selected for competition, please, be advised that the Festival will require:
• All film projects, including, trailers and clip reels, must be in DCP format and must be DCI compliant.
• For student shorts: Quicktime Files (Native Resolution, using Pro-Res 422
Codec) on a Hard Drive or DCP (must be DCI compliant)
• Digital press kits with photo stills (color and/or black/white), including, posters and postcards
• Headshots of director(s)
• One sentence tagline of the film and a 150-word synopsis of the film
AUTOMATIC EXNE FILMMAKER MEMBERSHIP
First-time submitting filmmakers are automatically granted a free Five (5) year EXNE membership. Offer is only good for the first year of submission.
Membership includes a 25% discount on all festival passes starting at the 2019 festival, and across all EXNE year-round film industry events, e.g, conferences, screenings, and labs starting in early 2020.
Membership also includes a 25% discount on film submissions within the aforementioned 5-year period beginning with the following annual festival.
Membership brings with it information, updates, and news related to Festival activity.
For more information on ExNE Member benefits and submission deadline(s), please, visit https://eastxnortheast.com