The Blue Ridge Film Fest is presented by Barnstorm Media as an extension of their mission: the preservation of independent film through the nurturing of independent voices.
All films screened for awards consideration will come from submissions! We know of no other festival making such a claim. We're looking to discover new voices. We're looking to create a community of the next generation of filmmakers.
The festival will take place over three days in the bucolic hamlet of Blue Ridge, GA, at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. With an ideal downtown district and an arts hungry community, Blue Ridge is the perfect home for the next generation of film festivals.
BRff is all about community. It’s about bringing independent film to a thriving art community and it’s about building a community of filmmakers who are invested in keeping independent film alive.
The events and workshops built around the festival were created to encourage filmmakers to connect, to build relationships, to fuel one another's artistic talents, and ultimately, to find ways to collaborate.
WE'RE ONLY JUDGING TALENT. We're looking for original voices, not deep pockets.
The Blue Ridge Film Festival offers awards for Best Feature (Narrative or Documentary), Best Documentary Short, Best Narrative Short, Best Local Film and the Grand Jury Prize for best overall film.
All filmmakers selected for the fest will receive a prize package for iPitch. iPitch's marketplace includes executives from Discovery Studios, Sony Pictures Entertainment Television, New Line Cinema, Warner Brothers, Echo Lake Entertainment, Relativity Television, CBS, WEtv, Authentic Entertainment and Leftfield Pictures.
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Barnstorm Media expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
3. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund.
4. Submitters may submit more than one entry in more than one category.
5. All judges’ decisions are final.
Terms & Conditions
I have read all of Blue Ridge Film Festival's rules and regulations. I understand and have complied with these rules.
I understand that failure to adhere to Blue Ridge Film Festival’s rules will result in disqualification.
I am the sole owner and author of the submitted material. I also contend that this work has never been distributed in any capacity.
Furthermore, I indemnify Barnstorm Media, its affiliates, sponsors and judges of and from any and all claims, loss or liability that may be asserted against you or incurred by you or any associates, at any time in connection with said material.