We have postponed our June festival in response to the current state of the pandemic. We are currently in the process of finding new dates in the Fall for a live event. The dates listed in our profile are tentative at this moment and once we have secured new dates, they will be updated.
Once we can confirm new dates, we will post an update.
Our 2020 film program has been solidified and it is our intent to keep this same programming for the Fall version of our festival.
THIRD ACTion Film Festival celebrates aging and older adults (seniors) while helping to create an age-positive culture shift and encourage everyone to envision their best third act possible.
We are heading into our third festival and hope to become a touring festival by working with partners in cities and towns across Canada.
We look for full-length films, documentaries, animation and shorts that feature older adults in leading roles or address issues related to being a senior.
Best Short - $1,000
Audience Favourite - $1,000
1. Films must feature older adults in leading roles or deal with seniors’ issues. Films should dispel stereotypes about aging and educate viewers about aging in an entertaining and compelling manner. Intergenerational stories that include an older adult are welcome.
2. Sending an entry to THIRD ACTion Film Festival implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations.
3. All films will be converted to DCP format for showing at the festival. Filmmakers can purchase DCP copies of their films for use at other festivals for a discounted rate.
4. English language films, if at all possible, should be subtitled for our deaf and hard of hearing patrons.
5. Foreign language films MUST provide a version with English subtitles.
6. Entries can be of any duration.
7. Filmmakers are responsible to securing ALL copyright clearance to film content.
8. All music rights must be cleared before films are submitted. Consent of performers and/or persons appearing in the film must be obtained before films are submitted.
9. Completed works only. If selected the festival will only accept the same film as was submitted and not an updated version.
10. Films should be completed after Jan 1, 2017.
11. THIRD ACTion has no premier status requirements. Films shown prior to the festival or films online are welcome to submit.
12. Absolutely NO pornographic or illegal content will be tolerated.
13. Film makers are responsible for submitted material.
14. Entrants grant the Festival organizers permission to use excerpts, not exceeding three minutes, for promotional purposes in various media, trade shows, and potential venues.
15. Successful entrants are required to supply promotional materials, such as still images and trailers, for the purpose of promoting the film.
16. Entrants grant the Festival organizers the right to copy the entry in part or in its entirety in any media format to facilitate the operation or promotion of the Festival.
17. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these Rules and Regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided at the sole discretion of the Festival organizers.
18. Submission fees are non-refundable.
Response from festival:
Thanks Steve! We were ecstatic to have 4 filmmakers attend our 2nd festival. Our audience loves to have speakers after the films and it is very gratifying to be able to put a filmmaker and their audience together and give them the opportunity to speak to one another. Steve was a wonderful speaker and the audience loved his talk and the painting he brought with him.