THIRD ACTion Film Festival celebrates aging and older adults (seniors) while helping to create an age-positive culture shift and encourage everyone to envision and act upon the best third act possible.
We are in our inaugural year and hope to become a touring festival by working with partners in cities and towns across Canada.
We look for films, documentaries and shorts relating to and about older adults' (seniors) issues and dying.
Awards & Prizes
Best Short - $1,000
Audience Favourite - $1,000
Rules & Terms
1. Sending an entry to THIRD ACTion Film Festival implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations.
2. Entries can be of any duration.
3. Filmmakers are responsible to securing ALL copyright clearance to film content.
4. Completed works only. If selected the festival will only accept the same film as was submitted and not an updated version.
5. Films should be completed after Jan 1, 2015
6. THIRD ACTion has no premier status requirements. Films shown prior to the festival or films online are welcome to submit.
7. All music rights must be cleared before films are submitted. Consent of performers and/or persons appearing in the film must be obtained before films are submitted.
8. Foreign language films must have separate versions - one with English subtitles and one with French subtitles.
9. Absolutely NO pornographic or illegal content will be tolerated.
10. Film makers are responsible for submitted material. Make sure your screener or DVD works and that no spelling mistakes are made.
11. Entrants grant the Festival organizers permission to use excerpts, not exceeding three minutes, for promotional purposes in various media, trade shows, and potential venues.
12. Entrants are required to supply promotional materials, such as still images, for the purpose of promoting the film.
13. Entrants grant the Festival organizers the right to copy the entry in part or in its entirety in any media format to facilitate the operation or promotion of the Festival.
14. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these Rules and Regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided at the sole discretion of the Festival organizers.
15. Submissions are Non-refundable
16. Submission DVD will not be returned