Every month we showcase a selection of intriguing, challenging, and exciting short films curated by the team at South London Shorts; the admission we receive from these nights is then re-invested into making one amazing film each year.
South London Shorts is an entirely not-for-profit, community-lead, endeavour. Because of this, it's our community who gets to decide where the money goes.
To find out more about how you could get your film funded, or to submit a film for screening, head over to Submissions/Selections.
We are also registered as a BFI Neighbourhood Cinema.
At every screening we charge £3 admission, but if you're a filmmaker, you can pay a fiver and we'll register you as a Pitcher. When we're nearing our funding goal, we'll get in touch with everyone who has registered as a Pitcher and ask them to Pitch Us Your Short Film Idea.
A shortlist of the most promising pitches will then be sent out and if you've been to any of our SLS screenings and signed up with your email address, you'll be eligible to vote for the pitch that you want to see get made. The pitch with the most votes will then be developed and produced with the help of SLS and The Fund.
Check out our upcoming themes at www.southlondonshorts.com/events
- Currently we are accepting short films under 20 mins in length that have been produced within the past 2 years
- We currently accept all genres/styles/topics but we reserve the right to not screen any film that can be considered racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, etc. or that promotes violence against women.
- The fee for submitting a short to SLS is non-refundable and will go directly to The SLS Fund
- We have a rolling deadline for submissions and therefore notifications can often be delayed. If you have not heard from us, your film may still be in consideration and could be held for screening at a later date.
- Films we do select may be screened at any future SLS event; if you have been selected, we will get in touch with the details of your film's screening.
- As we are a not-for-profit organisation and all money raised goes directly towards funding the production of a short film chosen by our community we do not currently offer fee waivers