The Seattle Filmmaker Awards is a festival that showcases the best independent films from around the world. Every season we award the best film makers, writers and producers by inviting them to our online competition hosted in Seattle, US. We showcase various genres from non-fiction to fiction films.
Not only do we grant prizes to the winners, but we also connect film makers to our network of professionals. Connecting filmmakers with our extensive database of agents, distributors and other industry professionals. Our festival is also globally orientated meaning we not only look for Western films but also films from Africa, Asia, South America and Australia.
(Submit to multiple categories to increase your chance of getting selected)
AWARDS, LAURELS AND CERTIFICATES
BEST FEATURE FILM
BEST SHORT FILM
BEST SHORT DOCUMENTARY
BEST FEATURE DOCUMENTARY
BEST SHORT ANIMATION FILM
BEST FEATURE ANIMATION
BEST SHORT STUDENT
BEST SHORT WOMEN EMANCIPATION FILM
BEST FEATURE WOMEN EMANCIPATION FILM
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
BEST FEATURE DIRECTOR
BEST SHORT DIRECTOR
BEST SHORT CINEMATOGRAPHY
BEST FEATURE CINEMATOGRAPHY
BEST FEATURE ACTOR
BEST FEATURE ACTRESS
BEST FEATURE SCREENPLAY
BEST UNPRODUCED FEATURE SCREENPLANY
BEST SHORT ACTOR
BEST SHORT ACTRESS
BEST SHORT SCREENPLAY
BEST UNPRODUCED SHORT SCREENPLAY
Rules & Terms
1) Short films: maximum 40 minutes. Feature films: 61 + minutes.
2) One film can be entered in multiple categories to increase chances of winning.
3) All Non-English films must be subtitled in English.
4) We never publicly share screenings, all screenings are viewed privately. Only our judges will see your movie.
5) Submitter grant the festival the right to show short highlights of their projects thtough its social media
6) Entry fees are non-refundable.
7) The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all no inquiries or arguments will be entertained. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.
8) The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the festival.
The applicant confirms that they have the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the festival.
9) We can withdraw at any time the selection or the award if these rules are not respected.
10) We generally do not grant waivers.