THE RENEGADE FILM FEST is built on elevating marginalized voices, fostering a sense of community and empowering one another to create. We are proud to showcase diverse content and promote inclusion & visibility in order to bring a sense of balance and equality to independent cinema.
Nominees & Winners for 2023 will be determined by our special guest jury:
Adam Marcus - writer/director (Jason Goes to Hell, Texas Chainsaw 3D, Secret Santa)
Brian Ashton Smith - actor/writer (Office Christmas Party, The Evil Inside Her, Holidate)
Comika Hartford - writer (Dope Sista Magazine, The Grey Area, Hinterland Zoo)
Heather Langenkamp - actor/filmmaker (A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Midnight Club, Washed Away)
Kay Lynch - producer/founder & fest director (Salem Horror Fest)
Melissa Kunnap - actor/writer (The Evil Inside Her, Rave Party Massacre, Torn Together)
S.A. Bradley - author/podcaster (Hellbent for Horror, Screaming for Pleasure)
Our full rules and terms are listed below. If you have any questions about whether or not your project qualifies for submission to the Renegade Film Festival, please email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners in select categories will receive a truly one-of-a-kind "Lizzie" trophy. Each trophy is hand-painted and created by artist Karl Libecap, ensuring that no two Lizzies are exactly alike. Winners in all categories will be awarded and announced live at the event.
ALL Finalists will receive 2 full weekend passes to the event which include all events related to the festival.
Winners in select categories will receive a 3 month & 12 month subscription to iPitchTV
Other prizes TBD
All films that fall under the horror, thriller, suspense, Sci-Fi, WTF, dark drama, dark comedy, crime, western genres are welcome to enter. We are looking for diverse stories and diverse creators.
Once you enter, all submissions fees are final and no refunds will be disbursed.
The Festival Director selects all members of the jury for competition and screening. The jury is obliged to award the best film/screenplay in each category.
- Eligible films must NOT be available to the public via current available distribution, online streaming, VOD, or any other streaming / video / broadcast service.
- Eligible Feature screenplays should be formatted to industry standards and be between 85-120 pages.
- Eligible Short screenplays should be formatted to industry standards and must not exceed 40 pages in length.
All films submitted for official selection must be entered by December 31, 2022. An entry form and entry fee must be completed for all submissions via FilmFreeway prior to this date. Additional submission details can be found at: www.renegadefilmfest.com.
The following will be accepted for the submission process:
– On Line secure screener
– .pdf of screenplay
Any film/screenplay sent in other formats for the initial submission process: Beta, Mini- DV, HD-CAM, 16mm or 35mm, DVD, printed copy (screenplays) will not be viewed.
If your film/screenplay is selected for the festival, you may attend the festival, at your own expense, to promote and support your film, and collect any awards. The Renegade Film Festival does not pay screening fees for submitted films. The films & screenplays selected to be included in the festival will receive 2 festival passes for the submitter to attend all screenings as well as all festival related events & parties. Recommendations will be made by the festival to out of town attendees for accommodations.
Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
1) [You / The Company] hereby grant(s)the organizers of the Festival
Permission to screen the film during the Festival and other associated promotional events. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of the Film Festival.
2) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
3) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
4) [You / The Company] will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to postage or insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
5) [You / The Company] will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
6) [You / A director of the Company] [have / has] read, understood and agree[s] to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Festival.
7) [You / The Company] understand[s] and agree[s] that any failure to follow and adhere to the Rules and Regulations of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film and forfeiting of your submission fees.
8) [You / The Company] hereby give[s] the organizers of the Festival a non exclusive license to use [your/ its] name, [photograph / logo], and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
9) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that [you / the company] submitted to the Festival and confirm that [you / the company] [have / has] retained at least one other copy of the film.
10) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the organizers of the Festival accept no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
11) [You / The Company] understand[s] that there are no fees [due to you / it] for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums
12) [You / The Company] agree[s] to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. [You / The Company] further understand[s] and agree[s] that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
13) [You / The Company} confirm[s] and warrant [s]that [you are/it is] the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and [have /has] full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. [You / The Company] further warrant [s] that the film is not under option, nor has it been purchased by any third party. [You / the Company] also warrant[s] that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.
14) The festival reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
15) Submitters to the festival who wish to withdraw their project from the festival, do so at their sole discretion and will forfeit any and all submission fees.
Response from festival:
Rishi, we are sorry that you felt the need to give such a poor review of the fest. You were notified of your Semi-Finalist status in mid January 2021 and it was explained in detail that Semi-Finalists do not screen at the event. We have been very communicative with all of our submitters through Film Freeway. It is up to the submitter to regularly check their email and reach out if they have any questions or concerns. I'm sorry you felt like you were being milked for cash. I'm not sure I understand your feeling, however. You paid a reasonable fee to submit to a competition and placed as a semi-finalist and was given a thorough explanation about your status. We encourage all submitters to attend the event regardless of their placement in the competition, as it is a great way to promote yourself and your work. As we stated in the email, you should be proud to know that your project scored in the top 30% of all submissions and we feel that is something to be celebrated, and we are sorry that you feel slighted by that.