This is the first film festival in Russia about mental health and mental illness.
We are especially interested in challenging stereotypes, showing different perspectives on mental illness, and informing and enlightening the general public about mental health. The festival is dedicated to breaking the stigma surrounding mental illness by sharing stories and promoting empathy for those who live with these chronic psychiatric conditions.
We do take films covering matters of mental disorders and issues such as depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, derealisation, emotional burnout, difficult relationships with parents and etc – everything people face through thier life.
We do not take films about mental disabilities (autism, Alzheimer disease and etc) and films about food, drugs or other sorts of addiction.
Our main goal is to increase awareness and understanding of mental illness and to be open to everyone.
If you feel you cannot afford the submission fee, please write to RMHfilmfest@gmail.com to request a discount.
The most important thing is to have these films seen by an audience for that purpose.
Filmmakers will be given the opportunity to participate in a Q & A.
The winners will receive diplomas and presents.
FILM FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Mental Health Film Festival accepts submissions for feature films, short films, feature documentaries, short documentaries, animation, web series, music videos and student films
2. All films submitted must have been completed on or after January 1, 2022
3. All films must be submitted with an online screener
4. All feature narrative and feature documentary submissions must be over 60 minutes in length.
5. All short film narrative and short documentary submissions must be under 60 minutes in length.
6. Animation, web series, and student film submissions of all lengths will be considered.
7. Music Videos must be under 10 minutes
8. ALL SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
9. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 health crisis, festival dates, location and/or format are subject to change.
10. All entries must be submitted with Russian subtitles
(or if you don't have subtitles we can help you).