NALIP Latino Media Fest is the unique presenter of the best U.S. Latinx content across all media platforms: narrative short films, TV/Streaming pilots, digital content, documentary shorts and tech narratives (VR/AR/XR).
NALIP’s Latino Media Fest brings together Latino filmmakers, industry reps, executives, and film aficionados for a 3-day event. The festival will feature premieres, workshops, master classes, nightly industry mixers and star-studded awards ceremony to recognize substantial work in entertainment that inspires Latino creatives to continue moving their projects forward in front and behind the camera.
**To ensure the health and safety of our participants and attendees, we will be hosting this year's Latino Media Fest entirely online.
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers seeks to inspire, promote, and advocate for Latinx content creators in media, as an established non-profit organization, NALIP advances the development of Latinx content creation through its programs focusing on narrative, documentary, television, and digital formats.
The Latino Media Fest Audience Award is voted on by Fest attendees through electronic ballots after screenings.
· Short films and digital web series must be less than 20 minutes.
· Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality must be less than 20 minutes.
· Television Pilot must be 20 minutes - 40 minutes.
· Must feature Latino/a talent on or behind the camera in leading roles, and/or focus on issues that pertain to the Latino/a community
· Projects in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival consideration and presentation.
· All projects must have been completed after October 2018.
· Must be World, West Coast, or Los Angeles Premiere. (Questions, please see our website or email us)
· Entry fees are non-refundable.
· *Must be a COMPLETED filmed project in order to be considered.*
· *No Script submissions please*
All projects must be submitted via secure online screener - either as a password protected Vimeo link attached to your submission or uploaded directly to FilmFreeway. Online screeners must be available to stream; we do not accept any films that must be downloaded.
We DO NOT accept DVD or Blu-Ray screeners. In addition, we cannot accept screener links via email, they MUST be attached to your submission.
If your project is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the Festival will require:
· For short films, digital content and episodic: DCP (must be DCI compliant)
· Digital press kits with photo stills (color and black/white)
· Headshots of director(s) and writer(s)
· One sentence publicity synopsis of film & 150-word synopsis of film.
· Trailers, clip reels, posters, and EPKs (if available) to maximize exposure for your film.
COPYRIGHT & LEGAL TERMS
By entering your film for consideration to the 2019 Latino Media Fest, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. The submitter and all filmmakers associated with the project shall indemnify and hold harmless the Latino Media Fest, National Association of Latino Independent Producers, and any representative or affiliates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.