Event dates: April, 2018.
Place: Volgograd, Russia.
Special Award: Best Family film / Film for children.
The contest of short films is running in following categories: fiction, documentary, animation, experimental / videoart.
Discounts and waivers for previous participants, e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The days of German and Russian short films “Vkratze!” have been held in Volgograd since 2013 in the perspective of cultural exchange, dialogue and cooperation between art communities of the two countries, popularization of present-day audio-visual culture in Volgogard Region. International competition within the festival is a review of independent short films from Russia and Germany as well as films from all over the world. This festival also operates as a forum for authors exploring the sphere of audio-visual art in short-film section.
1st, 2nd & 3d Places. Special Award. Special Jury Award. Special Curator's Award.
Prizes: Brand cups.
- Film must be created in Russia or Germany (original language is insignificant), or in the Russian or the German language (but originated in any country).
- Film must correspond to the topic mentioned above (2018 - Journey).
- Only works completed after June 1st, 2016 can participate in the contest.
- Time limit – up to 20 minutes (however longer films can be reviewed specifically).
- Film can’t be publicly distributed during the festival.
- The number of films presented by one author is limited to one film a category (fiction, documentary, animation, experimental / videoart).
- Films can be submitted in following formats: AVI, MPEG2, MPG, MP4. DVD-Video format films containing menu are not considered.
- Film must be provided with subtitles: German or English subtitles for films in Russan; Russian or English subtitles for films in any other language (or timecoded sentence-by-sentence translation). Films with multiple dialogue scenes without subtitles or translation can be declined at shortlisting.
- Film can’t violate a copyright.
- Film can’t contain elements of racism, nationalism, religious or any other form of intolerance, provoking violence, breach of law, insulting or abusing, can’s contradict the legislation of the Russian Federation or norms of International law.
- Selection medium: DVD or the Internet.
- The final decision on a film’s participation in the contest is up to the arrangers.
- Participation is free. All the documents shipping expenses are provided by the applicant. Copies of films, sent to the festival, are not sent back or adjusted. Participation in the contest presupposes abiding by the festival protocol and the acceptance of film’s noncommercial usage (film’s public demonstration, inclusion in the materials on the festival, two year long noncommercial distribution as part of the “echo” of the festival).