C2F2 is back this year celebrating 21st May 2023, on the UN-declared “World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.”
FESTIVAL DATES: 11th AUGUST to 10th SEPTEMBER 2023
CURTAIN RAISER CEREMONEY - . 21st MAY 2023
AWARD CEREMONEY - Tuesday, 5th SEPTEMBER 2023
FILMS SCREENING (ONLINE)- 11th AUGUST to 10th SEPTEMBER 2023
The cultural aspects of each country are more or less unique. Local traditions, rituals, social practices, folklore, local art, music, dance, literature, customs, superstitions, body art, spirituality, occult, history, heritage, funerals, burial customs, and much more. World cultures have given immense storytelling opportunities to the locals over centuries to carry these traditions, customs, and heritage over to the next generations.
Cinema, the intricate art of using visuals, sound, drama, and music for bringing these stories to the masses is one of the biggest mediums. Over the years technology has aided the creative expression and extended the exposure of these stories across the world to a varied and diverse audience. Whether it is about learning through documentaries or it is about being entertained by watching mystical dramas from different parts of the world, cinema has never failed in the delivery of its commitment to its audience.
This unique concept based film festival (www.culturecinema.in) will aim to attract passionate filmmakers from all over the world, who are working towards unique subjects related to the cultural issues of their own countries and/or other countries.
This festival will be inaugurated on the UN-declared “World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development” falling upon 21st May 2022. Held every year on 21st May, this day celebrates not only the richness of the world’s cultures but also the essential role of intercultural dialogue in achieving peace and sustainable development. The United Nations General Assembly first declared this World Day in 2002, following UNESCO’s adoption of the 2001 Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity, recognizing the need to “enhance the potential of culture as a means of achieving prosperity, sustainable development, and global peaceful coexistence.”
White Coffee Event Management Pvt. Ltd., a celebrity and event management company will be organizing this film festival in association with various like-minded partner organizations as co-creators. We expect great support from various entities including governments, institutions, and celebrity individuals from all over the world to join this cause.
Culture Cinema 2023 is an international film festival for a global audience.
The Mission of the festival is to celebrate world culture through cinema.
The Vision of the festival is to use the medium of cinema to bring together people of diverse cultures from around the world.
Culture Cinema 2023 will have 21 categories of Competition covering the specific niches of the world culture, represented through cinema. In every competition category, there will be one Best film Award. Winners will be given Plaques and Citations, which will be presented during the Award ceremony. In case of any pandemic-induced or other unavoidable situations, a physical event does not happen, all awards/ plaques/ citations, etc. will be given in E-formats and will be E-delivered to the winners.
There will also be one special cash award for the “FILM OF THE FESTIVAL.” It will be selected from among the total entries of the competition section of this festival (i.e. including all 21 categories and not from any individual category). In case of more than one films receiving the award, award money will be shared among all of them.
List of BEST FILM Awards
1. Best Film on History
2. Best Film on Music
3. Best Film on Festivals
4. Best Film on Art & Artisans
5. Best Film on Architectural Heritage
6. Best Film on Education
7. Best Film on Social Practices
8. Best Film on Travel & Tourism
9. Best Film on Literature
10. Best Film on Mythology
11. Best Film on Biodiversity
12. Best Film on Cultural Reforms
13. Best Film on Attire & Ornaments
14. Best Film on Food
15. Best Film on Traditional Medicine
16. Best Film on Cultural Taboos
17. Best Film on Tribal Community
18. Best Film on Diaspora Culture
19. Best Film on Battles
20. Best Film on Philosophy
21. Best Film on Traditional Sports
Rules, Terms, and Conditions:
1. In all the listed categories under the Competition section (i.e. 21 categories) the festival will accept submissions from filmmakers across the world in both formats viz. feature and shorts from all countries.
2. In the single listed category (i.e. Super Shorts) under Non-Competition (1 Category) the festival will accept submissions from filmmakers across the world as “short films only” from all countries.
3. Individual filmmakers are welcome to submit their work. Each filmmaker can submit a maximum of 5 films per category.
4. The maximum duration of any individual film must not exceed 90 minutes (credits included).
5. The festival will only accept online submissions through FilmFreeway https://filmfreeway.com/CultureCinema
6. All films made across the world having their production dates after 1st January 2018 are eligible to participate in this category. All films must be subtitled in English.
7. The entries must be submitted no later than the extended submission deadline i.e. 15th April 2023. All submission fees paid are non-refundable.
8. All student entries should be submitted along with their Government IDs supporting the proof of age along with a letter from their educational institution. Any wrong information submitted under the student category will lead to immediate disqualification from the festival and no refund of the submission fees will be provided. The student submitter must be either director, writer, or cinematographer of the film being submitted as a student entry.
9. Entries not complying with the above-mentioned regulations shall not enter the selection process.
10. The festival reserves the rights to the use of the works entered for the promotion of filmmaking among various audiences. The festival also reserves the rights to show the entries in public, in the media, and any other form of public screening, including the copying of the works in the non-profit intent of storing them in the festival archive.
11. The list of films that have entered the festival competition (Official Selection) will be announced starting 10th April 2023 on the festival’s web page: www.culturecinema.in, and will be completed by 15th April 2023. The submitters who have entered the official programme will be notified via email as well.