BEACH FILM FESTIVAL (BFF) promotes and celebrates European cinema's latest achievements. The festival is an interdisciplinary event focused on the development and presentation of the newest European films. The program is intended for people of all ages, with special emphasis on a younger intellectual audience, interested in film or engaged with contemporary European culture. The idea is to use the summer period and the beach as a social phenomenon for exchanging experiences and discussions in a more relaxed way, without the urban pressures or any time-space inhibitors.
The festival is giving 3 awards - " Golden wave for best feature film, "Golden wave Stefan Sidovski" for best actor/actress, "Small wave" for best short film.
Rules & Terms
The fourth edition of the Beach Film Festival will take place from
19 - 23 July 2023 in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.
Film Submission Rules:
A film must comply to the following conditions:
- is a feature, short film or student (ONLY FICTION)
- is completed in 2022 or 2023
-Only European films will be taken into consideration.
The submission of films is free.
-Only the entrants whose films are selected will be notified.
-The selected films will be announced no later than 1st July 2023
Festival's Jury is giving 4 awards - "Large wave" for best feature film, "Large wave Stefan Sidovski" for best actor/actress, "Small wave" for best short film and "Small wave" for best student film.
Submitted films are assessed in terms of artistic qualities and EUROPEAN character of the films.
1. Films may be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway only.
2. The final submission deadline is May 1st 2023.
3. The person submitting the film gives their permission to screen the film during the Festival and during other events promoting the Festival arranged by the organizer with no screening fees.
4. The Festival reserves the right to invite a film which was not submitted to the Festival.
5. We accept only European films.
1. The film copies (selected films) should be sent electronically via online link.
2. The films should have English subtitles and will be screened with both, Macedonian and English subtitles.
Submitting a film to the Beach Film Festival is equivalent to the acceptance of the conditions set out in the above Rules & Terms.