The festival of a new European film - BEACH FILM FESTIVAL is an idea of an interdisciplinary event that is focused on the development and presentation of the new European film and its identification as a special cultural phenomenon. This festival is intended for all ages, and especially the young intellectual audiences, related to film or interested in penetrating the contemporary aspects of the new European culture. The idea is to use the summer period and the beach as a social phenomenon for exchanging experiences and discussions in a more relaxed way, without urban pressures or any time-space inhibitors.
The festival is giving 4 awards - "Large wave" for best feature film, "Large wave Stefan Sidovski" for best actor/actress, "Small wave" for best short film and "Small wave" for best student film.
Rules & Terms
The third edition of the Beach Film Festival will take place from
22 - 26 July 2020 in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia.
Film Submission Rules:
A film must comply to the following conditions:
- is a feature, short film or student (ONLY FICTION)
- is completed in 2019 or 2020
The submission fee is 5 euro for feature films, 3 euro for short films and 1 euro for student films.
-Only the entrants whose films are selected will be notified.
-The selected films will be announced no later than 5th June 2020
Festival's Jury is giving 4 awards - "Large wave" for best feature film, "Large wave Stefan Sidovski" for best actor/actress, "Small wave" for best short film and "Small wave" for best student film.
Submitted films are assessed in terms of artistic qualities and EUROPEAN character of the films.
1. Films may be submitted electronically via FilmFreeway only.
2. The final submission deadline is June 1st 2020.
3.The submission fee is 5 euro for feature films, 3 euro for short films and 1 euro for student films.
4. The person submitting the film gives their permission to screen the film during the Festival and during other events promoting the Festival arranged by the organizer with no screening fees.
5. The Festival reserves the right to invite a film which was not submitted to the Festival.
6. We accept only European films.
1. The film copies (selected films) should be sent electronically via online link.
2. The films should have English subtitles and will be screened with, both, Macedonian and English subtitles.
Submitting a film to the Beach Film Festival is equivalent to the acceptance of the conditions set out in the above Rules & Terms.