***THIS IS NOT A FILM FESTIVAL, THIS IS AN AWARD SHOW***
WE WILL NOT SCREEN FILMS, THEREFORE INDEPENDENT FILMS THAT HAVE DISTRIBUTION DEALS CAN ENTER IF YOUR CONTRACT ALLOWS.
The Texas Indie Filmmaker Awards Ceremony is a red carpet, formal event for Texas-based films or films in association with Texas.
Texas Indie Filmmaker Awards is an awards show created with independent artists in mind. Our goal is to give Texas Artists a Hollywood feel by acknowledging the hard work they pour into their projects. Our goal is to provide opportunities and exposure to the talent behind the industry. This event is also a vast networking opportunity created to unite artists across Texas with a significant emphasis on diversity and unifying the industry.
We understand the hard work it takes to get noticed and make that journey that lands you in the running for an Oscar, Grammy, or Tony. We also know everyone simply won’t make it to that level and that’s where we come in. We want to recognize artists right where they are. No special requirements are needed other than having produced quality material.
Ladies in Film & Television is a non-profit organization that facilitates a huge networking and creative base for underrepresented and overlooked talent. You’ll also find a safe place with us. We were birthed from the rebranding of Headline Mentors & Performing Arts, which was established in 2009.
As independent artists, we understand the frustration of putting your all into your projects and not having access to a platform to celebrate your greatness. This is the reason for creating this awards ceremony. We will broadcast live on our YouTube channel, “LIFT TV” and our Facebook page as well which hosts close to 8,200 members all over the world and we continue to grow daily.
- The winners in each genre will receive a custom trophy and custom "WINNER" laurel
- Texas Indie Choice (Special Award)
- LIFT AWARD (Special Award) - Highest Award, presented to a person whose project has a strong uplifting theme and which brings unity among others.
*Best Music Video (***Top Finalist are presented with the opportunity to perform at the Show)
*Best Documentary (Docuseries)
*Best Host (Talk Show, Podcast, Radio, YouTube)
*Best Stage Play
*Best Short Film
*Best Feature Film
*Best Youth Filmmaker (Ages 5-19)
Additional Categories are available FREE with each submission. Please ensure you submit all requested information. All films will be judged on submission guideline adherence as well as the quality of content.
*** Exciting Live Interviews ***
Leading up to the show date, we will be conducting live interviews with the finalists. This is a great opportunity for exposure and to learn more about the talented individuals competing.
1) *** All entries MUST have one of the following to enter; Must be a Texas-based film, Texas-based Lead Actors, Texas Location, Texas Producer, Texas Director, or a Texas Head Writer with a current Texas Residency. ***
2) Only LIFT judges have access to submissions.
3) All votes are recorded privately.
4) All entries are to be submitted via FilmFreeway.
5) Do not send discs or downloadable files.
6) Winners will be announced on the date listed.
7) By submitting to the Texas Indie Filmmaker Awards Show you confirm that you own the rights to the film and accept all the Rules and terms.
8) The Texas Indie Filmmaker Awards Show maintains the right to change the submission genre should the Texas Indie Filmmaker Awards Show find the submission is better suited elsewhere.
9) The same film may be submitted under different genres.
10) The Texas Indie Filmmaker Awards Show has the right to publicly use snippets, sequences, and still images from the submitted material with music & sound to share on print, social media, and our website as well as share the IMDb data of the associated industry members.
11) No submission may be withdrawn after its participation has been publicized.
12) All winners are responsible for admission, transportation, and lodging to the show.
13) All finalists must attend the Nomination Meeting which explains logistics.
14) Official Selections will be announced and published on our social media sites
15) Submissions have to have been completed within the past 3 years, between 2020-2023.
16) If we do not have enough entries in a category, LIFT reserves the right to remove that category from the current year's awards and refund the submitter or determine if they qualify to enter another category.
Please email email@example.com or call 817-406-LIFT (5438) if you have any questions about the rules before you submit.
Response from festival:
Thanks for your feedback. The Friday night event was open to all guests and their guests at no charge so we hate that you didn't attend or bring any guests Friday. Our sponsor made a beautiful night of it all for Friday night. We are planning for 2024 and definitely will take note of all our feedback Thanks for attending and we hope to see your work in 2024!