The purpose of this festival is twofold:
1) to highlight sustainable solutions & lifestyles and bring these to the University of Houston Clear Lake campus and expose both students and faculty / staff to those sustainable solutions!
2) select, screen & award outstanding productions on sustainable solutions and empowering local, national & international filmmakers.
The judging will be done by experts in the field of both sustainability and filmmaking.
1st, 2nd & 3rd price in each category plus honorable mentions. Each selected piece will get a certificate. In-kind prizes to be determined
The winner in each category will be screened as part of two 90 minute screenings at the Bayou Theater at the University of Houston Clear Lake on November 17 & 19 2021. The 2nd & 3rd selections as well as video art pieces still images, virtual / augmented reality pieces and the honorable mentions will be shown as part of a gallery exhibition from Nov. 4 - Dec. 10 in the Bayou Building art gallery at the University of Houston Clear Lake.
1) Each production must be sustainability themed & relate to the category it is entered into.
2) Maximum length for each production is 7 minutes.
3) By submitting to this festival, each filmmaker grants the permission to feature his / her production on our website sustainable-stories.org. Vistitors to the site will be able to watch the film for free through our portal for a limited time.
4) By submitting to this festival each filmmaker ensures that he / she has all necessary rights to do so.