RPM Fest 2022 will take place at UMass-Boston, Harvard University (CAMLab) and the Brattle Theatre (Cambridge) from Oct. 17 to Oct.23, 2022.
Revolutions per Minute festival (RPM Fest) is dedicated to short-form poetic, personal, experimental film, essay film, animation, documentary, video and audiovisual performance.
We are looking for any work that experiments with the formal possibilities or hybrid form of film, audiovisual, animation and video under 10 minutes ( and the medium length and essay film categories will accept the work from 10 mins to 30 mins) .
Submit your work (produced after July 1st, 2021) through FilmFreeway.
Selections by Sept. 1st, 2023.
Due to the number of submissions, RPM Fest regrets that we can only notify applicants whose work is selected for the program.
RPM Fest 2023 will take place at UMass-Boston and other Boston venues in October 2023.
We are a non-competitive festival and do not offer awards or prizes.
We pay honorarium for solo artist program and a small amount of screening fee.
Alumni please ask for the submission discount code.
* Artists are required to fill out a completed application form via FilmFreeway.
* Work should be produced after July 1st, 2021.
*Due to the number of submissions, RPM Fest regrets that we can only notify applicants whose work is selected for the program.
*Accepted screening formats are Apple ProRes HQ422, 16mm, VR, Expanded Cinema and Installation.
* NO DCP.
*Online formats Apple ProRes HQ422 & H.264 (1080p).
* The festival only accepts online submission links for preview (Vimeo), Film links may be private.
* All work submitted must be fully completed as works in progress will not be considered (release date after July 1st, 2021, the older work won't be considered).
* Productions must be independently produced, with the maker retaining complete editorial control and copyright.
* Submission of an entry indicates acceptance of all regulations, guarantee that a screening copy in the format specified will be made available for the dates of the event, and authorization to publicly exhibit the work at Revolutions per Minute festival.
* If screening copy is to be provided by a distributor or agent then entry must be submitted by that distributor/agent, along with any criteria or conditions. (Please don't ask us to rent the work from the distributors.)
*The party responsible for sending film materials bears the cost of transporting selected films.
The festival incurs the cost of the films return. If sent via mail, the sender must provide the festival with necessary information regarding its return (date needed by/address/phone number).
*International parcels should be marked ‘For Cultural Purposes Only/No Commercial Value'. The copy will be returned within three weeks after festival completion.
*The festival does not provide transportation or lodging accommodations