The New Jersey Film Awards is a monthly film and screenplay competition and a platform to showcase the work of independent filmmakers worldwide.
Each month, our festival committee will award the best films in various categories.
The New Jersey Film Awards is a competition for both experienced and emerging filmmakers. However, simply submitting a film or screenplay for consideration will not in and of itself guarantee a nomination or award. Do submit your film knowing your work will be viewed in its entirety and considered fully.
Best Feature Film
Best Documentary Feature
Best Actor in a Feature
Best Actress in a Feature
Best Supporting Actor in a Feature
Best Supporting Actress in a Feature
Best Director of a Feature
Best Short Film
Best Drama Short
Best Comedy Short
Best Horror Short
Best Thriller Short
Best Sci-Fi Short
Best LGBT Short
Best Animation Short
Best Experimental Short
Best Inspirational Short
Best Documentary Short
Best International Short
Best New Jersey Short
Best Mobile Short
Best College Short
Best High School Short
Best Web Series/TV Pilot
Best Music Video
Best Movie Poster
Best Actor in a Short
Best Actress in a Short
Best Young Actor
Best Director of a Short
Best First-Time Filmmaker
Best Female Filmmaker
Best Visual Effects
Best Sound Design
Best Original Score
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Screenplay
*We reserve the right to change the award categories at any time depending on the films submitted during a given month.
By submitting your film to the New Jersey Film Awards the individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations:
- We accept short and feature films that are fiction, non-fiction, experimental, animated, music videos, and web series/TV pilots.
- We do not accept pornography.
- Films completed on or after Jan 1, 2015 are eligible for consideration.
- We accept feature and short screenplays.
- You may have multiple entries and submit to multiple categories.
- Each entry and submission category must have its own submission fee.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- All international films must include English subtitles.
- Screenplays must be in English.
- Entrants confirm and warrant required legal authority to submit the entry to the festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
All films and screenplays submitted are reviewed by the New Jersey Film Awards screening committee via private screening. If a film is selected to receive an award, the festival will contact the entrant by email.
The New Jersey Film Movie Awards is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition on our site for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for review, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless New Jersey Film Awards from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. Entries will not be returned.