In our intimate, small and independent setting, we celebrate half a decade of hosting the Malaysia Mental Health Film Festival every October 10. Last year, our event blossomed into a modest physical gathering, thanks to our dedicated venue partner.
The escalating visibility of mental health challenges in the media has ignited an even fiercer determination within us to ignite the flames of mental health awareness.
Our mission is clear:
1. Illuminate the realm of mental health through the captivating medium of short films and videos.
2. Cultivate an environment where individuals facing mental health battles can find solace, inspiration, and empowerment through a diverse range of engaging on-the-ground activities.
3. Champion the cause of dismantling the stigma surrounding mental illness, underscoring that there are welcoming platforms where individuals can freely express their concerns.
Best International Short Video Cash Prize $100 or equivalent
Best Local Short Video Cash Prize RM250
All films MUST follow the following rules:
1. Provides an inspiring voice for social justice and human rights for people with mental health;
2. Highlights positive contributions made by mental health recipients;
3. Fights stigma and defies stereotypes associated with mental health; and
4. Shares real-life stories of people with mental health concerns
Films MUST be about hope and recovery, which includes but is not limited to:
ALL FILMS MUST BE RATED "G" or "PG-13."
Please DO NOT submit any other films unrelated to mental illness.
Spoken Language: Films MUST be in English spoken language or Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia spoken language. Films other than in English language must have English subtitles.
Anyone, under age 18, submitting a film must have parental/guardian consent. Please contact us for more information.
All films must follow this export format:
1920 x 1080, .mp4 (H.264 compression)