London International Web & Short Film Festival is a monthly & annual, IMDb qualifying festival, celebrating the best in short filmmaking.
Each month your work is privately screened for our panel of invited guest judges. London Web Fest exists to have your hard work seen and critiqued by professionals working at the peak of the filmmaking industry, covering all sectors.
Previous guest judges include;
Joan Gratz: Academy Award Winning Animator (Mona Lisa Descending a Staircase)
Morag McKinnon - 3 time BAFTA-winning director (Iam Breathing, Donkeys)
Shona Auerbach- BAFTA-nominated director (Dear Frankie, Pathe)
Nick Coupe - Award-winning TV/Film & Audio producer (BBC3, Comedy Central, SkyArts, Channel 4)
Phil Lee - Feature Film sound designer (Jack Ryan, Goodbye Christopher Robin, The Danish Girl)
Kristin Atherton - Award-winning actress (BBC, RSC, National Theatre)
Our monthly IMDb qualifying winners are screened in our virtual festival on 'Eventive' (with the highest DRM protection for your films.)
Our annual awards ceremony and screenings are held LIVE each December in London's beautiful Arcola Theatre. We nominate a selection of award-winning films from the year's categories to be screened and compete for our annual Web Fest Awards.
𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤:
We strive to create the best platform for your work. Each month we invite filmmakers from our 'Official Selections' to take part in our Q&A panels to discuss their films with industry professionals and share their insights into the short filmmaking process.
London Web Fest was established to celebrate and promote short filmmaking in all its forms. Submit your work today.
Awards & Prizes
'Official Selections' will receive:
London Web Fest Laurel
All winners will receive:
IMDb Award Credit
Screening on Eventive
Promotion across our Social Media & Website.
• Best Web Series/TV Pilot
• Best Short Film
• Best Documentary
• Best Horror/Sci-fi Short
• Best LGBTQ+ Short/Series
• The Weird and Wonderful
• Best Directing
• Best Female Actor
• Best Male Actor
• Best Ensemble Performance
• Best Cinematography
• Best Editing
• Best Sound Design
• Best Production
• Best Music/Dance Video
• Best Animation
• Best Student Film/Series
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING
Terms and Conditions:
By submitting your Web-series and Shorts:
• You agree that we can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
• We accept films produced at any time.
• All foreign-language films must be submitted with English subtitles
• The film must be completed by the time of submission.
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
• If your film/series is a monthly winner, filmmakers must provide film/series available for upload, for our virtual festival, within 5 days of notification.
• If your series is officially selected for the annual event you must provide English subtitles for the screening copies.
• Creators are welcome to submit as many web series/shorts/music videos/scripts as they want, but each one requires one submission fee.
Regulations and Procedures
1. LWF Live Screening will take place in London, UK on 15th December 2021.
2. Submission Deadlines: Submissions are open from the 16th of each month until no later than the 15th of the following month. Official Selections will be notified on or around the 16th of each month.
3. Submission Eligibility: All series and shorts must not exceed 20 mins in length. If an entry exceeds this then LWF will watch up until the 20 min mark.
4. Submission Fee: The submission fee is non-refundable.
5. Official selections must provide English subtitles for the screening copies, regardless of the original language of your show.
6. Screenings are scheduled during the festival under the criterion of London Web Fest. Whilst every effort will be made to fulfil the published schedule, we reserve the right to make changes at any time for any reason and we'll not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
7. Filmmakers are welcome to submit as many entries as they wish.
8. The festival is sovereign in its decisions regarding the distribution of prizes, trophies and laurels and is free to modify them if necessary, for reasons of "force majeure", keeping that resolution always as a last resort, to be used only if all the alternatives are exhausted.
9. All submitters declare themselves as responsible for the rights of all contents of their episodes in the act of submission. For example, soundtrack, logo and images. In case of the true rights holder inquires about the unauthorised use of his creation, the festival will not be responsible for it.
10. The creator is also responsible for well functioning of the episode links sent to curators during the entire submission period, from the submission date until the official selection.
11. Payment of the submission fee and filling out the submission form does not mean that your web series will be automatically nominated for an award or that you'll be eligible for the pitching sessions. The festival will preselect the series for the awards nominations and preselect projects to participate in the pitching sessions.
12. By submitting to LWF, you hereby agree to the use your image and small excerpts of your work to promote the festival in trailers, teasers and live coverage of the festival on live streaming and social media such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and regular television.
13. Live Screening episodes/shorts must be submitted as an mp4 or .mov files in at least 1080p, h264, PAL.
14. Understand that there are no fees due to you for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums.
15. Have signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
16. London Web Fest would like to keep you updated on our monthly festival. To opt-out of our newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Have read, understood and agree to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Festival.