London Web Fest champions filmmakers from all genres by seeking out new voices and unique storytelling.
Your hard work deserves to be seen by leading professionals in the filmmaking industry and we strive to make that possible.
London Web Fest is a monthly IMDb-qualifying festival that privately screens your work to a panel of invited, award-winning guest judges. Our winners are then screened during our monthly virtual festival. During this time, people can watch the best short film, animation, and web series from the festival circuit on the London Web Festival platform.
In addition to these monthly events, we also hold an annual awards ceremony with live screenings each December in London's stunning Arcola Theatre. The Arcola is known for featuring cutting-edge work and for bringing the best in performing and visual arts to the world. During our annual event, a selection of award-winning films from the year's categories are nominated to compete for the annual London Web Fest Awards.
We strive to create the best platform for your work, so we also host a monthly Q&A. Selected filmmakers from our Official Selections are invited to take part in our roundtables to discuss their work with other industry professionals. The panels are always full of insights into the short filmmaking process, and they provide an opportunity for artists to network and share ideas.
We understand the importance of film screenings and strive to promote filmmaker projects of all genres. If you’d like an opportunity to showcase your work and become a part of an amazing network of artists then submit your work today.
Recent guest judges have included;
Joan Gratz: Oscar-Winning Animator (Mona Lisa Descending a Staircase)
Morag McKinnon - Multi BAFTA-winning director (I am Breathing, Donkeys)
Shona Auerbach- BAFTA-nominated director (Dear Frankie, Pathe)
Nick Coupe - Award-winning TV/Film & Audio producer (BBC3, Comedy Central, SkyArts, Channel 4)
Awards & Prizes
'Official Selections' will receive:
London Web Fest Laurel
All winners will receive:
IMDb Award Credit
Screening on Eventive
Promotion across our Social Media & Website.
• Best Web Series/TV Pilot
• Best Short Film
• Best Documentary
• Best Horror/Sci-fi Short
• Best LGBTQ+ Short/Series
• The Weird and Wonderful
• Best Directing
• Best Female Actor
• Best Male Actor
• Best Ensemble Performance
• Best Cinematography
• Best Editing
• Best Sound Design
• Best Production
• Best Music/Dance Video
• Best Animation
• Best Student Film/Series
PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING
Terms and Conditions:
By submitting your Web-series and Shorts:
• You agree that we can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose.
• We accept films produced at any time.
• All foreign-language films must be submitted with English subtitles
• The film must be completed by the time of submission.
• Entry fees are non-refundable.
• If your film/series is a monthly winner, filmmakers must provide film/series available for upload, for our virtual festival, within 5 days of notification.
• If your series is officially selected for the annual event you must provide English subtitles for the screening copies.
• Creators are welcome to submit as many web series/shorts/music videos/scripts as they want, but each one requires one submission fee.
Regulations and Procedures
1. LWF Live Screening will take place in London, UK on 15th December 2021.
2. Submission Deadlines: Submissions are open from the 16th of each month until no later than the 15th of the following month. Official Selections will be notified on or around the 16th of each month.
3. Submission Eligibility: All series and shorts must not exceed 20 mins in length. If an entry exceeds this then LWF will watch up until the 20 min mark.
4. Submission Fee: The submission fee is non-refundable.
5. Official selections must provide English subtitles for the screening copies, regardless of the original language of your show.
6. Screenings are scheduled during the festival under the criterion of London Web Fest. Whilst every effort will be made to fulfil the published schedule, we reserve the right to make changes at any time for any reason and we'll not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
7. Filmmakers are welcome to submit as many entries as they wish.
8. The festival is sovereign in its decisions regarding the distribution of prizes, trophies and laurels and is free to modify them if necessary, for reasons of "force majeure", keeping that resolution always as a last resort, to be used only if all the alternatives are exhausted.
9. All submitters declare themselves as responsible for the rights of all contents of their episodes in the act of submission. For example, soundtrack, logo and images. In case of the true rights holder inquires about the unauthorised use of his creation, the festival will not be responsible for it.
10. The creator is also responsible for well functioning of the episode links sent to curators during the entire submission period, from the submission date until the official selection.
11. Payment of the submission fee and filling out the submission form does not mean that your web series will be automatically nominated for an award or that you'll be eligible for the pitching sessions. The festival will preselect the series for the awards nominations and preselect projects to participate in the pitching sessions.
12. By submitting to LWF, you hereby agree to the use your image and small excerpts of your work to promote the festival in trailers, teasers and live coverage of the festival on live streaming and social media such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and regular television.
13. Live Screening episodes/shorts must be submitted as an mp4 or .mov files in at least 1080p, h264, PAL.
14. Understand that there are no fees due to you for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums.
15. Have signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
16. London Web Fest would like to keep you updated on our monthly festival. To opt-out of our newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Have read, understood and agree to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Festival.