GMIFF showcases a variety of independent short films of all genres, from all countries, with an emphasis on supporting new filmmakers from underrepresented communities. We want to find truly unique voices and share powerful stories.
GMIFF strives to create a truly unique experience and honor each filmmaker's work. Our festival is an opportunity to earn recognition for your work, network with other talented indie filmmakers, and enjoy a diverse selection of short films.
The event will take place in January 2023.
We offer one award in each of our 8 categories:
Best US Short
Best International Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Animation Short
Best Experimental Short
Best Student Short
Best Web Series
Best Music Video
And a variety of additional awards:
Best of Fest
Best Student Filmmaker
GMIFF accepts independent short film projects of all genres from filmmakers of all experience levels. We are specifically looking for films that tell unique stories in fresh and interesting ways.
1. You must own the rights to the film you wish to submit. Any copyrighted material in your film (including music, images, and footage) must be properly licensed. By submitting your film you confirm that there are no copyright infringements on your behalf.
2. All films not in English must have English subtitles.
3. Films must be no longer than 25 minutes, including credits.
4. We accept submissions exclusively through FilmFreeway.
5. You authorize Green Mountain International Film Festival to share your film poster, trailer, synopsis, still images, and footage from your film on our website and social media for promotional purposes.
6. You authorize the publication of your name, photograph, and likeness on our website and in any publicity/promotional activities regarding the Green Mountain International Film Festival.
7. Filmmakers may submit multiple films.
8. All submission fees are nonrefundable.
9. Our jury decides which films become Official Selections, Award Nominees, and Award Winners. We will not provide feedback regarding your film's status.
10. You may not withdraw your film from the festival after your film has been Officially Selected.
11. Should your film be officially selected, you must be able to provide a downloadable copy of your film in at least 1080p quality.
12. Selected filmmakers will receive 2 free festival passes.
Best of luck, and we look forward to viewing your work!
** NOTE: WE ARE NOT A SCREENWRITING CONTEST. WE DO NOT ACCEPT UNPRODUCED SCREENPLAYS. WE JUDGE FINISHED FILMS ONLY **