FICAIJ* born in Mérida, Venezuela**.
In FICAIJ, kids and teens are protagonists of the biggest celebration in International Cinema made specially for them.
So kids and teens can get closer to the film and audiovisual industry from over a dozen countries around the world.
FICAIJ motivates them to recognize, understand and respect other cultures.
In addition, FICAIJ offers a learning program where kids become directors, producers, actors & screen writers of their own stories.
A jury consisting of kids and teenagers will select the winners among the movies in the competition.
During these past seven years, we have reached over 33.000 kids and teens motivating them to appreciate film from both a spectator and filmmaker’s point of view.
If you are older than 2 years old, this Festival is for you!
* International Children and Youth Film Festival
** We are expanding FICAIJ to Colombia too.
Awards & Prizes
1) Children Jury will declare winners to those short or feature films who fulfill some established internal criteria, considering their different “areas”. The awards are:
Camarín +5 to the best short and feature film in the category +5
Camarín +8 to the best short and feature film in the category +8
Camarín +11 to the best short and feature film in the category +11
2) Youth Jury will declare winners to those short films who fulfill some established internal criteria, considering their different “areas”. The awards are:
Camarín +13 to the best short and feature film in the category +13
Camarín +15 to the best short and feature film in the category +15
Rules & Terms
+ 5 (Ages 5 to 7)
+ 8 (Ages 8 to 10)
+ 11 (Ages 11 to 12)
+ 13 (Ages 13 to 15)
+ 15 (Ages 15 to 17)
1) Made for kids and teens.
2) Made by kids and teens.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE SUBMISSION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE FESTIVAL:
1) Registrations begins january 27, 2017.
2) If you wish to participate in the FICAIJ with an audiovisual work, you must send this via www.filmfreeway.com
3) The Festival allows to submit films “Made for kids and teens”, also “Made by kids and teens”. In both cases, they are called “areas” of the Festival. Fiction or animated short films and full-length films can participate as well as documentaries and TV shows.
4) If you would like to submit your film, age is not important. In the case of being a minor, it is required to add an authorization of the minor’s parent or legal guardian respecting legal policies of each country, or international laws for minors or teenagers.
5) The films we receive to compete, in all the different categories, will go through a pre-selection process with a qualify jury who will be chosen by the organization.
6) Language will not be a restriction for the selection of the film or audiovisual. If the film’s language is different than Spanish, the producer or director must send the film copies without the subtitles included and instead send English subtitles in a separate file .srt o .txt format. This requirement is necessary to translate them into Spanish.
7) It is important to point out that the shipment fees will come at your own expense and there is not an audiovisual limit to submit in the Festival.
8) Deadline for receiving audiovisuals will be February 27, 2017, at 11:55pm, colombian hour.
9) Competition is to be held by the films made between 2015 and 2017. All productions made in previous years can be sent and submitted as well but they will be classified but used in a retrospective section of the Festival.
10) The Jury will be divided in three groups:
+5 (Ages 5 to 7)
+8 (Ages 8 to 10)
+11 (Ages 11 to 12)
+13 (Ages 13 to 15)
+15 (Ages 15 to 17)
11) In the case of one or none film submitted in a specific area, category or special mention, the Festival has the right to declare its annulment, without excluding the existing films could not be showed in the Festival or other projections.
12) Shared awards are non-existing in any of the categories, areas or special mentions. The Jury cannot declare any award deserted. The decision made by all the juries will be irrefutable. Only the Adult Jury (If applicable) can make one or several special mentions or honor awards.
13) The natural or legal person registering the audiovisuals and winner of an award must mention it in all publicity or press material, using the Festival’s image, given previously.
14) The materials sent to the Festival will not be returned.
15) Registration implies that you have accepted each an every one of the terms settled in this form.
16) You can clarify any doubts regarding the Festival, preferably before registration’s deadline.
17) FICAIJ, considering the importance of Diverse Film and Audiovisual diffusion and promotion, will include the selected material into its school’s video library looking to showcase it in different exhibits, Educational Institutes, communities, regional, national and international wise.
18) Anything else not established in this document will be discussed and resolved by the Asociación Civil Grupo de Artes Escénicas y Audiovisuales Expresión Ixoye criteria.