The FERRARA FILM FESTIVAL is one of the most popular film festivals in Italy, as well as the fastest growing one since its first edition in 2016. Hosted in the northern Italian City of Ferrara, a UNESCO World Heritage site, that serves as an incredible backdrop for this high profile cinematic event. The Ferrara Film Festival is an "IMDB Qualifier Festival".
The Ferrara Film Festival, in just 7 editions, had big movie premieres in its competition with some of the major Italian and international movie stars. It's a global film competition that sees more than 10.000 people attending each edition, culminating with the Golden Dragon Awards Ceremony. The event includes movie themed collateral events, entertainment shows and partnerships with many world class Institutions.
FILM CATEGORIES - IMPORTANT INFO:
At the Ferrara Film Festival all the selected films will be divided in specific categories by our Organization. Our categories reflect the global nature and relevance of our festival. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? When you submit your film, all you have to do is to choose between “Feature Film”, “Short Film” and “Documentary” then, IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED, we'll independently put your film in the more specific category.
Here below the detailed categories of FERRARA FILM FESTIVAL:
Explore our festival on www.ferrarafilmfestival.com
The awards of the Ferrara Film Festival are called GOLDEN DRAGONS, which recall the legend and mythological figure of the Dragon killed by St. George (the Patron Saint of Ferrara).
For each edition of the Ferrara Film Festival 7 judges will be assigned to choose the award winners in all categories.
NOTE: Special Career Achievement Awards will be dedicated and given to prestigious personalities in the Film Industry.
The “Golden Dragon” awards will be assigned in the following categories:
• Best Premiere Event
• Best Premiere Autore
• Best Premiere Docu
• Best Premiere Unicef
• Best Director in a Feature Film
• Best Lead Actor in a Feature Film
• Best Lead Actress in a Feature Film
• Best Short Film Event
• Best Short Film Autore
• Best Director in a Short Film
• Best Premiere Emilia-Romagna
Further info on www.ferrarafilmfestival.com
Feature Films (minimum runtime 60 minutes)
Short Films (maximum runtime 30 minutes)
• The Ferrara Film Festival does NOT pay any fees to screen any movies in our program. If you submit your film to us, you agree to this term.
• Films can premiere in some major film festival prior to Ferrara Film Festival (see exceptions below), but must not have a public distribution (theatrical, streaming, online) prior to the current edition.
• Our selected films are allowed premiere only in other film festivals of international relevance before Ferrara Film Festival. A film must be an exclusive Italian premiere. Exceptions only for MAJOR other festivals (Venice, Taormina, etc)
• Each film can be any genre and from anywhere in the World.
• Films are accepted if they are completed not earlier than one year before the current edition, which is SEPTEMBER 2023.
If you are a filmmaker from the Italian region Emilia-Romagna you have a 50% discount on your submission fee. For inquiries please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org