Atlantic City Cinefest returns October 14, 15 and 16 at Stockton's Atlantic City campus. We will have another awesome party for filmmakers and guests. This year, we hope to have an honoree and an awards ceremony. We will have our annual filmmakers panel on Saturday afternoon. A good time will be had by all.
Submissions will be open for anyone in North America, about any subject. That said, we like to screen some New Jersey-based films.
And since October is National Arts and Humanities month, we would like to see submissions celebrating the arts, beyond the fact filmmaking is one of those arts.
The screenwriting competition will also return for 2022. Again, any subject matter, but scripts that celebrate the arts would be welcome.
In the past and again in subsequent years, we consider ourselves an independent festival which screens films from North America, but still pays special attention New Jersey movies. We like to bring at least one person from Hollywood/New York as an honoree. Past guests have included Kevin Smith, Robert Downey, Sr. Terry Winter, Peter Dobson, Blanche Baker, Bonnie Bedelia, William Forsythe, Christopher Mann, Chris Mulkey, Brian O'Halloran, Garry Pastore, Scott Schwartz, Al Sapienza, Tom Malloy, Louis Mandylor and Dominique Swain.
Trophies for best of this and best of that.
RULES FOR FILM SUBMISSIONS 2022
• We accept short and feature length films, narrative and documentary
• Shorts must be under 60 minutes; features no more than two and a half hours
• All genres accepted, but we are seeking films by NJ filmmakers and films that celebrate the arts and humanities
• All films must be submitted to FilmFreeway in digital format
RULES FOR MUSIC VIDEOS 2022
• Must be 2 to 10 minutes
• All genres are welcome
• Must not be vulgar, according to MPAA standards
RULES FOR SCREENPLAY COMPETITION 2022
• Short and feature length scripts accepted
• Short scripts must be 45 pages or less
• Feature scripts must be 130 pages or less
• Submissions close: September 15
• Acceptance notification: October 1
Response from festival:
Thank you, Victoria for your recommendations. We did not provide enough lag time. In the future we will strive to have decisions on acceptance four weeks in advance of the festival, not two. We should also keep better tabs on attendance per film block. And increase efforts to draw filmgoers beyond the friends and relatives of the filmmakers.