We’re kicking off Season 2 of the Zeal Reel Micro Short Film Competition™!
Last season we featured some spectacular submissions when we brought together filmmakers and film supporters who enjoyed an evening of buzzy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at our orange carpet Screening event.
It was an exciting time for us as our guests got to witness the crowning of our inaugural Grand Jury Prize and Texas Audience Award winners. With tears flowing and shocked faces, our winning filmmakers went beyond 60 seconds to express gratitude and give the origin stories of their films.
Season one was such a success that we’re back again with confirmation that this concisely creative competition has an immense impact on filmmakers.
In Season 2 – will YOU be the winner?
We challenge you to make the ultimate short film in 60 seconds or less.
Will you say, “CHALLENGE MET”!
Show us your Zeal for storytelling! Submit your visually stunning, well-written, character-based, closed-ended micro short story TODAY!
Texas-based filmmakers submit your micro shorts now for a chance to win the Texas Filmmaker Audience Award at our live screening event. All qualified and verified submissions by Texas filmmakers will be publicly screened.
Grand Jury Prize $2,500 USD
Texas Filmmaker Audience Award $1,000 USD
Cast/Crew Awards Include
Best Original Music
Best Sound Design
Best Production Design
Film Awards Include
Best Dramatic Film
Best Horror Film
Best Romantic Comedy Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Dark Comedy Film
Best Science Fiction Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Mocumentary Film
Best Action/Adventure Film
Best Animation Film
• Submissions must be sixty (60) seconds in length or shorter, including credits.
• Submissions must be a scripted motion picture, this includes documentary films, that could be developed into a longer length short film or feature film.
• Submission genres can be found on FilmFreeway.
• Submissions per entrant is unlimited. Each entry is a separate fee.
• Submissions co-owned/co-created only need one person to serve as the entrant be it producer, writer, or director.
• Submissions must be in high definition.
• Submission can only be entered for one (1) category.
• Submitted material must not contain obscene, unlawful, or objectionable content.
• Submissions in a language other than English, must include English subtitles.
See full Terms and Conditions at https://lazyparkentertainment.com.