Cairo International Film Festival (CIFF) is an annual international film festival organized by the Ministry of Culture in Egypt. It is accredited by the International Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF) and is committed to comply with all its conditions and regulations.
- Youssef Chahine Award for Best Short Film.
(The winning film will be eligible for consideration in the Animated Short Film/Live Action Short Film of Academy Awards ®).
- The Special Jury Award.
- The film must be produced after October 2021.
- Duration of short film must not exceed thirty (30) minutes.
- All genres of shorts are accepted: fiction, non- fiction, animation, experimental.
- The film must not have been screened in MENA region before its official screening at CIFF.
- The film must not have been screened on any TV or sat channel, or any internet site (except for festivals’ screenings) before its official screening at CIFF.
- The films are selected by an official invitation from CIFF.
- The screening of the selected film shall not exceed 5 screenings in accordance with the FIAPF regulations. CIFF reserve the right at its sole description to decide on the screening scheduling time of the film.
- Once the film has been selected and the rights owner has confirmed its participation and screening at CIFF in writing, the film cannot be withdrawn from the festival.