OPEN UNTIL JANUARY 15TH 2023
The fourth edition of the WriteMovies Horror Award is open for submissions!
We’re very excited to announce the Horror Award 2023!
WriteMovies.com Horror Award 2023. As the nights draw in, darker thoughts come forward… welcoming our Horror Award 2023!
Mark the occasion by submitting your script to us, with Early Bird Entry for just $49 for screenplays and TV pilots and just $59 for novels or video game scripts, until December 12th! The contest closes on January 15th 2023.
Cinema is still a massive industry, and nothing shows this more than the recent box office success of the new blockbuster TOP GUN: MAVERICK. People across the globe are enjoying heading back to movie theatres. And streaming services are making massive movies themselves, that come straight to our homes. Horror works great on both!
On top of the great prizes on offer, all submissions to our Horror Award will also receive feedback on their first 10 pages, plus free and automatic entry to our 2023 Screenwriting Contest, giving them the chance to win the Grand Prize of $3500!
The winner will receive:
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Two sets of Development Notes to help take their script to the next level
- Further advice to fine tune their script from our experts
ALL submissions also receive free, automatic entry to the WriteMovies 2023 Screenwriting Contest (launching January 16th) which has a Grand Prize of $3500.
- All submissions must be in the horror genre.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Once a project has been processed, there is no refund.
- Cancellations must be requested within 48 hours before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed.
- Entries MUST have a cover sheet/titlepage with contact info in order to be considered.
- Prize: Guaranteed pitching to industry, two sets of Development Notes, and further advice to fine tune the winning script.
- All submissions receive automatic entry to the WriteMovies 2022 Screenwriting Contest.
- Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company makes an offer on your script, we will fly you to Los Angeles and cover your flight & hotel costs for three days. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies. You keep ALL the option/sales money (unless you commission an agent, manager or attorney to represent you). The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
- Winners will receive an InkTip Script Listing and have their logline featured in InkTip Magazine so they can promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. InkTip Magazine is sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives. Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.