DEADLINE EXTENDED - NOW OPEN UNTIL JANUARY 16TH
The third edition of the WriteMovies Horror Award is open for submissions!
We’re looking for the scariest, spookiest, and most hair-raising scripts out there for our latest Horror Award. Many great writers and filmmakers have started out in the horror genre, making it a great place to either kickstart your career or to build on previous successes.
Here at WriteMovies, we pitch all our winners’ scripts to the industry – and producers are always hungry for great horror scripts, which can often net high rewards for low risks: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY is the most profitable movie ever based on return on investment! Make the most of this opportunity to get your script out there.
On top of the great prizes on offer, all submissions to our Horror Award will also receive feedback on their first 10 pages, plus free and automatic entry to our 2022 Screenwriting Contest, giving them the chance to win the Grand Prize of $3500!
The winner will receive:
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Two sets of Development Notes to help take their script to the next level
- Further advice to fine tune their script from our experts
ALL submissions also receive free, automatic entry to the WriteMovies 2022 Screenwriting Contest (launching January 17th) which has a Grand Prize of $3500.
- All submissions must be in the horror genre.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Once a project has been processed, there is no refund.
- Cancellations must be requested within 48 hours before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed.
- Entries MUST have a cover sheet/titlepage with contact info in order to be considered.
- Prize: Guaranteed pitching to industry, two sets of Development Notes, and further advice to fine tune the winning script.
- All submissions receive automatic entry to the WriteMovies 2022 Screenwriting Contest.
- Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company makes an offer on your script, we will fly you to Los Angeles and cover your flight & hotel costs for three days. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies. You keep ALL the option/sales money (unless you commission an agent, manager or attorney to represent you). The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
- Winners will receive an InkTip Script Listing and have their logline featured in InkTip Magazine so they can promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. InkTip Magazine is sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives. Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.