*** 1 Week Extension - Final Deadline now May 16th! ***
Celebrating great writing across all genres… The third WriteMovies Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award opens for submissions on March 8th!
After a difficult 2020, a lot of people are going to be looking for an escape – and how better to do that than through sci-fi and fantasy! Take us to new worlds, fantastical locations, and introduce us to characters we never could have imagined for this new contest.
All submissions also receive FREE, automatic entry to our Spring 2021 Screenwriting Contest, with the opportunity to win the Grand Prize of $3500 and many other bonuses!
The winner of this award will receive:
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Two sets of Development Notes to help take their script to the next level
- Further advice to fine tune their script from our experts
All submissions for the WriteMovies Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2021 also receive free, automatic entry to our Spring 2021 Screenwriting Contest, with the opportunity to win the Grand Prize of $3500 and many other bonuses!
- All submissions must be in the science-fiction or fantasy genres.
- We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the PayPal options when participating. Please ensure you can send AND receive payments via PayPal.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Once a project has been processed, there is no refund.
- Cancellations must be requested within 48 hours before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed.
- Entries MUST have a cover sheet/titlepage with contact info in order to be considered.
- Prize: Guaranteed pitching to industry, two sets of Development Notes, and further advice to fine tune the winning script.
- All submissions receive automatic entry to the WriteMovies Spring 2021 Screenwriting Contest.
- Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company makes an offer on your script, we will fly you to Los Angeles and cover your flight & hotel costs for three days. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies. You keep ALL the option/sales money (unless you commission an agent, manager or attorney to represent you). The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
- Winners will receive an InkTip Script Listing and have their logline featured in InkTip Magazine so they can promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. InkTip Magazine is sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives. Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more. Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.