Now in its 3rd year, World Webfest Mania is a New York City based international festival dedicated to championing short-form and long-form videos/films and screenplays including features, shorts, docs, animation, and web content from around the world. In 2020, our talented filmmakers and creators were featured in Movie Boozer Magazine for their incredible work: https://www.movieboozer.com/raising-a-toast-to-the-katra-film-series-and-its-sister-festivals-which-encourage-up-and-coming-talent-from-all-walks-of-life/
At WWM we are working with some of the top local festivals in NYC to connect us with prizes, resources, media coverage, and industry connections to launch careers. Our parent festival, Katra Film Series, was recently featured in NY1 and Backstage Magazine for giving “Global Filmmakers Virtual Opportunities during Covid with bonus Drive-in Movie Experiences,” with plans to continue supporting our mission to discover independent web creators, screenwriters and filmmakers.
World Webfest Mania provides unique festival dynamic with competitive screenings, engaging Q&A’s, audience feedback, and thousands of dollars in prizes. In 2021, WWM plans to host in-person screening events with distribution opportunities from our partners with over $10,000 in prizes provided by Final Draft, UTV Media, Katra Film Series, JMR Rentals, International Screenwriters’ Association, HiO, Bowery Film Festival and more!
All submitted works must have been completed after January 1, 2018. All foreign-language content MUST be subtitled in English.
1. Submission Eligibility
- All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
- There is no premiere policy.
- Works-in-progress accepted.
2. Exhibition Format: h.264 quicktime file
3. The submission fee is non-refundable.
4. Submitters understand that submission of their work authorizes the Katra Film Series to screen the work, and use the work for any exhibition, education and/or publicity purposes related to Katra Film Series. Bowery Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. Submitters may receive future correspondence from the Katra Film Series.