Launched in 2021, the World Food Forum (WFF) is an independent, youth-led global network of partners facilitated by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). It aims to spark a global movement that empowers young people everywhere to actively transform agrifood systems to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and a better food future for all. The WFF serves as the premier global forum to harness the passion and power of youth to identify solutions and incite positive action for agrifood systems. It aligns with the 2021 United Nations (UN) Food Systems Summit, acts as major youth platform in global food governance and serves as a global think tank that fosters youth-led solutions in innovation, science and technology.
This WFF International Film Competition (the “Competition”) is part of this year’s theme: Healthy Diets Healthy Planet, to draw attention to, and spark action around, the interrelation between climate change and stable access to adequate, safe, sufficient and nutritious food, as well as healthy diets for all. Learn more about the theme here: https://bit.ly/3LQniDM.
We are looking for young – or young-at-heart – filmmakers to tell the world stories that will inspire change and become an essential part in spreading the message to transform our agrifood systems, achieve food security, and promote better nutrition.
Prize for finalists:
Best short film productions will receive a cash prize and a feature during the Word Food Forum flagship event, 17-21 October, allowing them to promote their work, gain visibility and facilitate networking with other independent filmmakers.
Prizes for authors of the six winning films:
The prizes for the 6 winning films based on the below categories are as follows:
Best Fiction Movie – USD 1 000
Best Documentary – USD 1 000
Young Filmmaker Award – USD 1 000
Best Focus on Healthy Diets Healthy Planet – USD 1 000
Best Cinematography – USD 1 000
Best Performance – USD 1 000
WHO CAN TAKE PART
The call is open to aspiring and established filmmakers aged 18 to 40 years old from any nationality upon acceptance of the terms and conditions.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Submission dates and deadlines: Submissions will be accepted from 18:00 (CEST) on Friday, 27 May 2022 until 18:00 (CEST) on Monday, 29 August 2022.
- Film eligibility (content and format): Submissions (either fiction or documentary) should be between 5 and 30 minutes long and are limited to one per individual entrant. In addition, they should have a focus on agrifood systems. Films submitted must be a final, edited product; sound-mixed, colour-graded and optimized for online streaming. Rough cuts are not accepted. Films shot with smartphones are accepted.
- Film eligibility (production): You must own all the rights to the film. Films accepted can be either:
▫ original productions developed for this competition, or
▫ existing productions made between 2019 and 20222.
- Film eligibility (language): Films in English or in original language with mandatory English subtitles are accepted.
- Where to submit: Films should be submitted through the FilmFreeway website in the following format: 720p H264 mp4. If your film is selected you will be requested to submit a high-definition file.
- Terms and conditions: You must read and agree to the detailed Terms and Conditions provided in our website (https://bit.ly/3NDBalE). By submitting entries to the call, the entrant confirms that the rules for the competition, including the general rules, and copyright and privacy policies have been read, understood and agreed to by the entrant.
- Fee: Participation is free of charge.
SELECTION AND AWARDING PROCESS
Phase 1: Pre-selection Stage. The first selection round will be completed by the WFF Film Competition organizers based on the following criteria: eligibility, quality and creativity of entries, theme, script, cinematography, editing and music.
Phase 2: Jury Stage. The finalist films selected during Phase 1 will be assessed by the WFF Film Jury. They will then select the six winning films and award them with one of the corresponding prizes.
Phase 3: Online Premiere Stage. The winners will be announced during the WFF week from 17-21 October 2022.
For more information please visit: https://bit.ly/3wNfDQY