WHAT IT IS
Creators! WebMDTV is calling on you to lend your creative talents to bring topics of health and wellness to life! From dance to painting and poetry to song – if there is a health-related story that you can tell through talent, we want to see it!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Individuals and groups of collaborators, including:
Visual artists (painters, sculptors, digital artists)
Performing artists (musicians, singers, dancers, comedians, actors, hosts)
Film makers (video directors, producers, VFX artists)
Must be over the age of 18 to participate
No fee to submit
WHAT TO SUBMIT
TOPICS TO CONSIDER. To participate in the competition, you must submit a fully produced video that leverages your art and talents to tell a story with a health angle. Your videos may cover a variety of health-related topics. Here are a few examples, but don’t feel obligated to select one from the list – free up your creativity and come up with your own! We want YOUR ideas!
- A music cover of a popular song, re-written to be about the heart.
- Animation about how emotions impact our health.
- A first-person story about overcoming health obstacles to continue your art.
- Any and all other ideas you and your team dream up!
WHAT IS WEBMD TV
WebMD is one of the most recognized and trusted brands of health information serving consumers, physicians, and healthcare professionals. WebMD TV is a television channel that reaches patients in hospitals in over 1,500 health establishments nationwide. The patients tune in to watch our programs during the most critical moments of their lives when they need moral support, education about ongoing care, and positive distraction. Most of our existing programming is focused on post-procedure care and health education, but we’re opening doors for more entertaining and engaging videos which is where your talent and art come in!
VIDEO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS.
This is a video contest, so you will need to submit a 3-5 minute long, fully produced video.
FILE FORMATS: mov, mp4, mpeg, avi
MINIMUM RESOLUTION: HD, 1920 x 1080
ASPECT RATIO: 16:9 (horizontal! Not square, not vertical)
$10,000 - first prize
$5,000 - second prize
1. Eligibility: WebMD TV’s Creators’ Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia. Contest entrants must be over the age of 18 with access to the Internet and a valid email account. All employees of WebMD, LLC (“Sponsor”), all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, licensees or agents (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Contest. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Contest Period: Unless specified otherwise, the Contest entry period begins at 12:00 AM PST on September 10, 2021, and ends at 11 PM PST on October 22, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Contest Period.
3. Contest Entry: You may enter the Contest during the Contest Period by using an APPROVED method of entry. The APPROVED method of entry includes:
4. Online Entry. Visit www.webmdtv.com and accurately complete the form located on the Creators’ Competition Page. Entrants must complete the form by providing their first name and email address. Once you have completed the form, we will send you a link to the Creators’ Submission Page. You may also submit directly at the following link: https://webmdtv.com/creators-submission-page/. Entrants must complete both steps on the Submission page to enter. You must Submit Your Application (Step 1) and Send Your Files (Step 2). There is no limit on the number of times you may enter to win. Use of an automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting your information for the Contest, you consent to being contacted via phone and/or email by WebMD TV for the purposes other than those related to the Contest. Incomplete entries are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
5. Selection of Contest Winners/Odds: There will be two (2) total winning entries. The winning entries will be selected on November 7, 2021. The Contest Entities directors and stakeholders (“Judges”) will select the winning entries. The winning entries will be selected by the Judges from all eligible entries received. All Contest submissions will be judged based on careful evaluation. In the evaluation, the Judges will select the winning entries based on the following criteria: creativity, quality, and relevancy to health. (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). In the event that a winner(s) is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize(s) to an alternate winning entry. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize(s) and an alternate winning entry may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be selected. Decisions of the Judges and Sponsor on all matters relating to the Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right not to pick winning entries or award all prizes in the event of an insufficient number of eligible entries, as determined by the Sponsor, in their sole discretion. Odds of winning the Contest will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The winning entries will be notified via email and phone call on November 7, 2021. The winning entries will also be announced via WebMDTV.com.
6. Additional Video Rules: Each submitted video must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, covenants and warrants that the submitted video is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the video does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photo. Videos that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud in the sole opinion of Sponsor; provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form. The video must not, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Videos deemed inappropriate will be disqualified. If the video includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the video submitted, authorizing use of the video. If you are unable to provide all required personal releases upon request by Sponsor and in the form provided by Sponsor, then your entry may be disqualified. If any person appearing in any video is a minor in their state of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. If you win, we will contact you only if personal releases are needed. You do not need to send the release with your entry.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER VIDEO MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants Contest Entities and their agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, exclusive license and right to publish or use the submission in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant or any other party. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. By submitting an entry you represent that you own all rights in any and all materials submitted in connection with such entry.
By submitting your entry, you expressly agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, including without limitation claims relating to privacy or publicity rights, that may be made against the Contest Entities based on your entry.
ENTRIES POSTED MAY BE EDITED BY SPONSOR Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
You understand and intend that any video or information submitted by you to Sponsor may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any video or information you submit to Sponsor. By submitting any video or information to Sponsor, you hereby waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such video or information submitted by you to Sponsor.
7. Prizes: The first place winner for best video will receive $10,000 USD. The second place winner will receive $5,000 USD. Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and are not transferable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize or a portion of advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. Prizes will be delivered as a check sent to the winning entry by mail. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities (federal, state and local) incurred by the winner as a result of the Contest are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Only one (1) prize will be given to each winning entry. If more than one person contributes to the winning entry, multiple prizes will not be given out.
8. Publicity: As a condition of entry into the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to Sponsor (and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees), all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Contest entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval. A winner(s) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) business days of attempted notification or the winner(s) may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
10. Participants’ Obligations: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prizes, the winners agree to release and hold Contest Entities and their agents and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Contest or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Contest or use or redemption of the prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
11. Winners’ List: For a list of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: WebMD, LLC. Attn: WebMD Creators’ Contest Winners’ List, 909 North Pacific Coast Highway, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245. Requests for the winners’ list must be received within thirty (30) days after the end of the Contest Period.
12. Sponsor: WebMD, LLC 395 Hudson Street, 3rd Floor New York, NY 10014