‘Wandering Reels; A Moving Film Festival’ (WRAMFF) is a Melbourne-based indie short film festival made by students for students, with entries open to both university and VCE individuals. WRAMFF aims to showcase the talent of the upcoming generation of filmmakers and directors to a wider audience outside of their peers and the student demographic, in a fun and themed environment.
WRAMFF is inspired by Studio Ghibli's 'Howl's Moving Castle' and therefore encompasses the themes of love, youth, destiny and courage -- do YOU have the courage to submit your film and allows yourself to see your magic on screen?
We want our filmmakers to be able to network and interact during the festival so Victorian-based entries will take priority, however we encourage all to enter as we wish to celebrate the successes of both interstate and international student filmmakers.
Entries open: Friday October 7th, 2023. 00:00
Entries close: Friday December 1st, 2023. 23:59
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS ONLY
- English or English subtitles required
- Submissions are open to Year 11, 12 and tertiary students ONLY
- Minimum film length 5 minutes
- Maximum film length 8 minutes
- ONE entry PER student PER category only
- All genres and styles are permitted provided the main theme within the short film falls into ONE of the four categories; Love, Youth, Destiny Courage
- All initial submissions MUST be in either Apple ProRes or DNxHD format. If your entry is selected, further file types may be required
- Please send a brief summary of your film, inclusive of a synopsis (100-200 words) and a short bio of the director/applicant (Name, School, Background, etc. 100-200 words) to email@example.com