Universal Film Festival is an Annual International Independent Film Festival held Frankfort Germany. We at Universal Film Festival celebrate, validate and support the talents of the next generation of independent filmmakers around the world.
The Universal Film Festival is a gathering of individuals from different walks of life celebrating
the vast world of independent film. Our lives, cultures, and experiences form who we are, tells
our personal story, and provides unending creative and unique inspiration!
The Universal Film Festival highlights all aspiring filmmakers, from first time college students to
full time producers. We are proud to accept many different categories of film and truly enjoy
celebrating their accomplishments.
The Universal Film Festival provides a venue which highlights the limitless imagination and
extraordinary stories of these exceptional filmmakers.
We encourage film without boundaries, and as such, our vision is to serve as a platform, critic,
supporter, and promoter of independent filmmakers around the globe; in addition to bringing an
international film spotlight to our host cities and countries worldwide.
We pride ourselves in being a truly "Universal" Film Festival; not only do we believe film is a
universal media for all walks of life to enjoy, we celebrate and highlight filmmakers around the
world, as well as host our annual festival in cities and countries around the globe.
Award in following categories:
01 - Best Actress
02 - Best Actor
03 - Best Director
04 - Best Producer
05 - Best Film / Picture
06 - Best Dram
07 - Best Documentary
08 - Best International Film
09 - Best Comedy
10 - Best Short Film
11 - Best Animated Feature
12 - Best Cinematography
13 - Best Action
14 - Best Horror
15 - Bent Student Film
16 - Best Film of Germany (host country)
Rules and Recommendations:
1) Submissions in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
2) Submissions will only be accepted via FilmFreeway. The submitter must have proper rights to submit the film.
3) Production of the film must be within 5 years of festival date. (2015 or later)
4) Exhibition format must be delivered on DCP. This MUST be by the date stipulated in invitation. NO exceptions.
5) Any promotional materials (i.e. DVD, Posters, Etc.) mailed to Universal Film Festival will remain property of Universal Film Festival
6) Films are allowed to have screened prior to submission to the Universal Film Festival, but must not be under current distribution.
7) Films cannot have been released prior to submission to the Universal Film Festival and/or been broadcast on television.
1) Submit trailer along with virtual presskit via FilmFreeway upon initial submission
2) Student discount waiver offered. Student ID must be presented. (contact email@example.com for more information)
Response from festival:
Thank you so much for your kind words! We have provided Q and A for filmmakers in the previous years. Unfortunately we had to waive Q and A for 2019 because we had so many incredible films and wanted to screen as many as we can! For Universal Film Festival 2020 we have under consideration on doing a Q and A for our filmmakers! Thank you so much! Good luck on your next project and we hope to see you again next year at Universal Film Festival.