The mission of the Universal Film Festival is to create and provide a credible and accessible venue for aspiring and talented filmmakers. The Universal Film Festival offers a medium in which Independent Filmmakers may showcase their works nationally and internationally.
Our vision for the festival has been our passion; movies that make us think, cry, and
B&B Theatres 16
8601 West 135th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66223
The awards go to the following categories:
1. Best Actress
2. Best Actor
3. Best Animation
4. Best Comedy
5. Best Cinematography
6. Best Director
7. Best Documentary
8. Best Film
9. Best Foreign Film
10. Best Short Film
11. Best Producer
12. Best Student Film
If you have any questions about film submissions, please email us at -- email@example.com
1. Acceptance of your film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations.
2. All films are subject to reviews.
3. AVI blue ray format/ and or HD Video, such as Vimeo is required for submission of all films.
4. The number of screenings, days and venues are at the sole discretion of the Universal Film Festival.
5. Film submissions registration instructions can be found at
6. Every film submission requires digital screening on FilmFreeway or two (2) DVDs to be mailed to Universal Film Festival, 1626 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64108 immediately upon completing the online registration. Tracking number, film title, running time, and all necessary contact information must be included with your DVDs when they are mailed.
7. DVDs shall remain the property of the Universal Film Festival and will not be returned.
8. It is recommended, but not required, that a 40 - 60-second preview link of your film be submitted upon registration to maximize the advertisement of your film if selected to air during the festival.
9. Films are allowed to have screened prior to submission to the Universal Film Festival, but must not be under current distribution.
10. Films cannot have been released prior to submission to the Universal Film Festival and/or been broadcast on television.