The Universal Movie Awards (UNIMAA) is an annual international reputable Award. The event is based in the Western State of Africa Nigeria.
Our vision is orientally value based on enriching the entertainment industry through the promotion of excellent creative works by Motion Picture practitioners.
The mission of Universal Movie Awards is: "the celebration of professional Excellence in the Global Film/Television Industry." It will also promote the appreciation of Arts and Culture through motion picture arts and sciences around the globe.
UNIMAA also runs a movie academy designated for the development of contemporary talents in the motion picture industry.
This award is founded and established by Hope Obioma Opara in 2020. He is also the President/ CEO of Supple Communications Limited under which the Awards platform is Holden. He is the publisher of Supple Magazine, a film festivals/Awards and culture magazine in Africa. www.supplemagazine.org. He is also the founder of Eko International Film Festival. (www.ekoiff.org)
The winners will receive UNIVERSAL MOVIE AWARDS STATUTES on individual categories
The inaugural edition will be held in Nigeria in August 20, 2021, at Silverbird Cinemas Galleria, Victoria Island Lagos 133 Ahmadu Bello Way Lagos, Lagos Nigeria (https://silverbirdcinemas.com/)
UNIVERSAL MOVIE AWARDS CATEGORIES
Best Actor Male
Best Actor Female
Best Supporting Actor Male
Best Supporting Actor Female
Best Animated Feature
Best Animated Short
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best Action Short Film
Best Foreign Language Film
Best Nigerian Indigenous Film
Best Cast Director
Best Child Actor Female
Best Child Actor Male
Legend Award of the year
Best Film Edit
Best Production Design
Best Original Score
Best Original Song
Best Visual Effects
All winners will receive Universal Movie Awards (UNIMAA) Statuette
Entries must be submitted under the following regulations to Universal Movie Awards.
- Films must be in cinematography and directing standards.
- All categories "Project must have a runtime between 10 and 120 minutes to be eligible for the category."
- You can submit from all the countries as being filmmaker or distributor; there is no restrictions.
- There is no age limitation, anybody can participate.
- Films which undermine the rights of men, women, people and all kinds of living things will be disqualified.
- Submissions in languages other than English must contain English subtitles.
- There is no genre limitation.
- Any situation related to music and copyrights belongs to the sender.
- By submitting, you agree that we can publish your film's trailers & images and you agree that sharing your data for only promotional purposes. (Just for discounts.)
- All received movies will be screened by a pre-selection committee in order to participate in the main competition.
- The shipping fees of the award winning films belong to themselves.
- Poster and film frames should be added to the project (for promotion), press materials will not be returned under any circumstances.
- All entries must be watermarked in a way that does not impair viewing during the screening process and should be in these forms and media-formats: mini-DV (PAL), mini-DV HD (PAL), DVD, Blu-ray for physical drives. Soft copies which will be free of shipping cost should be in Mp4 formats and the recommended minimum resolutions should be 1080 px, 4K and above (all Hi-Res).
- The author has reserved all rights of the video. He/She has the full responsibility in the case of a copyright infringement.
- Submission is free for this first edition.
-The Universal Movie Awards is concerned that filmmakers' rights should be protected against piracy. Universal Movie Awards is establishing procedures that will guarantee these are up to profession's best practice.