Statement postponement TUFF
After careful consideration of the health and safety of everyone involved and taking into account the postponement of Security Analyst Summit 2020 (#TheSAS20), we have made the difficult decision to move the Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival (TUFF). Due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak and the risks associated with international travel, we won’t be able to offer filmmakers, our jury and visitors, the film festival that we are aiming for.
TUFF and #TheSAS20 will be held in the timeframe of September-November 2020. The finalists’ films that were submitted in this competition will still be publicly screened. Currently we are finalizing the review of shortlisted films and we will inform the ten finalists as soon as the decision by the jury has been made. Information about the postponed event can be found here: www.tomorrowunlocked.com/tuff.
Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival (TUFF) is the first international film festival with an aim to tell engaging stories about how technology influences our lives now, and in the future , and engage with a broad audience of innovators, artists, technologists, thinkers, scientists, hackers and entrepreneurs.
The event – organized by Kaspersky’s online magazine Tomorrow Unlocked – is looking for filmmakers to create compelling short films exploring how technology shapes our world. It’s important that creative pieces should be both impactful and human by transforming complex technical information into easy to understand stories. Organizers highlight that topics should include, but not be limited to, privacy, the future and communities.
The TUFF’s jury will select ten best short films that will all be publicly screened in Barcelona on April 5th, 2020, where grand prize winner will be announced and awarded with US$10,000. In addition, three runners-up will win US$3,000 each and six finalists will receive US$1,000 each.
THE FESTIVAL IS HOSTED THROUGH GENERO.
In order to participate please register on www.genero.com
• Films need to have a maximum length of 15 minutes.
• We are looking for final films not just concepts.
• Filmmakers/ creators are free to choose the format (eg. documentary, animation, fiction).
• We are definitely open to you pitching multiple films on different topics. If submitting multiple films, a separate entry form must be submitted for each film.
• Since we are reaching out to an international film community, we prefer all spoken words and texts to be in English.
• All films must be subtitled in English, even when the spoken language is English.
• Filmmaker/Creator is responsible to ensure that all third party rights required to fulfil this Brief (eg. on-screen talent, voice talent, music composers, etc), are in accordance with the T&Cs.
• Filmmaker/ creator to provide a working link to an online version of your film on Vimeo or YouTube—and any necessary passwords to view the film – it must be uploaded at the time of submission. If any changes are made to the access of your film's link, please contact Tomorrow Unlocked at firstname.lastname@example.org with the updated information immediately, or your film may be disqualified from consideration.
• Filmmaker/ creator to transfer all Creator IP and rights in the final deliverables and raw Files to TUFF after selection of the 10 finalists that will be screened at the festival (ie. rushes and raw, unedited video footage and images captured during Production), for all media, globally, in perpetuity. Where files can’t be delivered digitally, TUFF must pay for the reasonable cost of a hard drive and courier.
• Once an entry has been accepted, the filmmaker/ creator to grant permission for the film to be shown to all attendees of the Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival 2020 and Security Analyst Summit 2020, to be used for all Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival promotional materials (print, broadcast or internet media) and on the Tomorrow Unlocked site and channels.
• Filmmaker/ creator to be available from 5 until and including 7 April 2020 and - in case of being one of the four runners-up - be ready to travel to Barcelona to attend the public screening on Sunday 5 April and take part in a panel discussion on Tuesday 7 April during the Security Analyst Summit. TUFF is unable to provide financial compensation for travel expenses or additional expenses incurred during the festival. However we try to partner with hotels that will give a good discounted rate.