Are you a creative mind who can tell thought-provoking stories that deserve a broad audience of innovators, artists, technologists, thinkers, scientists, hackers and entrepreneurs? Then continue reading!
Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival (TUFF) is looking for filmmakers to create compelling short films about how technology shapes our world -- how it inspires and helps us to change lives, create a better future, and defend ourselves if this future is being challenged.
We want you to make a short film, no longer than 15 minutes, with a strong storyline. We’re looking for quality above quantity, so keep in mind that it’s not about the length of the film. Films should be impactful and human, while keeping technology as the hero. Filmmakers will therefore need to transform complex technical information into easy to understand stories. Important topics for TUFF are the future of “Health”, “Work” and “Communities” and the role of technology within these three distinct areas.
The winners will be announced via the TUFF live winners announcement event, which will be streamed from the Security Analyst Summit (SAS) in Barcelona taking place 27-30 of September. More details on the SAS can be found below.
The Top 10 films selected will be screened over a 10-day period leading into the TUFF live event, through online magazine Tomorrow Unlocked and its associated social media channels.
More about the Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival
The Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival (TUFF) is an international event organized by online magazine Tomorrow Unlocked, providing up-and-coming filmmakers the opportunity to showcase their creativity and tell engaging stories about how technology influences our lives now, and in the future. The film program will be fused with related talks and other opportunities to connect with an engaged community of innovators, artists, technologists, filmmakers, thinkers, scientists, hackers and entrepreneurs.
Our experienced jury of film industry professionals will select one grand prize winner who will win USD $5k, two finalist who will win USD $1k and seven official selection with a prize of USD $500. Plus one more special prize of USD $1k awarded to the film that is Kaspersky founder and CEO Eugene Kaspersky’s favorite film.
● NO WAIVERS - any entry requesting a waiver will be deleted.
● Films must not exceed 10 minutes in duration.
● Films must be submitted as final films, not just concepts.
● Filmmakers/ creators are free to choose their format (eg. documentary, animation, fiction).
● We are open to multiple film submissions. If submitting multiple films, a separate entry form must be filled in for each film.
● All films must be subtitled in English, even when the spoken language is English.
● Filmmaker/Creator is responsible to ensure that all third-party rights required to fulfil this brief (eg. on-screen talent, voice talent, music composers, etc)
● Filmmaker/ creator to provide a working link to an online version of your film on Vimeo or YouTube — and any necessary passwords to view the film – it must be uploaded at the time of submission. If any changes are made to the access of your film's link, please contact Tomorrow Unlocked at firstname.lastname@example.org with the updated information immediately, or your film may be disqualified from consideration.
● Filmmaker/ creator to grant TUFF a perpetual* license to use the final deliverables and raw files of the ten shortlisted films that will be screened at the festival (ie. rushes and raw, unedited video footage and images captured during Production), for all media, globally. Where files can’t be delivered digitally, TUFF must pay for the reasonable cost of a hard drive and courier.
● Once an entry has been accepted, the filmmaker/ creator grants permission for the film to be screened to all attendees of the Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival 2021, to be used for all Tomorrow Unlocked Film Festival promotional materials (print, broadcast or internet media) and on the Tomorrow Unlocked website and associated channels.
● No submission fees.
If you have questions please email (email@example.com) or go to our website (www.tomorrowunlocked.com).
If your film is selected:
● Shortlisted filmmakers will be contacted in person to advise them of the selection
● Your film will be screened on Tomorrow Unlocked’s YouTube channel, and promoted via related social media channels – as part of the 10 days of TUFF program.
● Winners and Runners Up will be announced during the film festival
● Trophies and laurels will be mailed out shortly afterwards