One of the few Sci-fi and Fantasy Film Festivals in Eastern Europe, that brings a fresh concept of gathering together, through live video streaming, the film crew and the film consumers. The festival has film screening, conferences, debates and happenings. It will have Jury Awards and Popular Awards, for four categories (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Animation and Comedy/Parody) for short and feature films.
The Jury will award the following prizes:
TGI Sci-Fi Award (short film and feature film)
TGI Fantasy Award (short film and feature film)
TGI Animation Award (short film and feature film)
TGI Comedy/Parody Award (short film and feature film)
Each category will be rewarded with an Award and a Diploma.
Popular prize is awarded after the public vote:
TGI Sci-fi Audience Award
TGI Fantasy Audience Award
TGI Animation Audience Award
TGI Comedy/Parody Audience Award
Each category will be rewarded with a Diploma
Terms & Conditions of Entry
The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival
- Films submitted must belong to the Sci-Fi or Fantasy/Fantastic genre (short films must be under 30 minutes, feature films will be longer than 60 minutes)
- Films not belonging to the above genres will not be taken into consideration.
- Films from all over the world are welcome to enter. All the films must have English subtitle files, in .srt AND .vtt format.
- The submitter must complete all the relevant information including: a non-watermarked film, a poster, a log line synopsis (one sentence only), credits with cast and role included, production year etc.
- By submitting (and in the event the film is selected) it is agreed that you will supply us with all the material we require, e.g. the film, all film credit information, 1 Poster (in electronic format, JPG or PDF) or 2 Production stills - Within 10 working days of notification.
- All submissions are preferred as digital upload/for download in .MOV or MP4 format. We prefer Vimeo uploads: ensure the film is of the best possible quality and that we are able to download it.
-the films MUST BE a clean copy, WiTHOUT embed subtitles, regardless of the languages of the film (all films must have English subtitles in .srt AND .vtt file format)
-films must be produced in final form in 2020 and 2021, till the Late Deadline (30th July)
1. The submitter agrees that they are the owner of the work or is the legal representative of the work. You are responsible for all copyright clearances, including music, model/actor releases, distribution rights etc.
2. The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival cannot be held liable for any infringement on copyright and/or ownership clearance issues.
3. The filmmaker/submitter accepts full responsibility for any breach of intellectual or trademark property.
4. By submitting, you give The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival permission to use the film and/or trailers and/or any other marketing materials you supply to us for any promotional purposes for the festival.
5. By submitting, you give The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival permission to screen the film royalty-free during the festival at the designated venue(s) and in the before-festival screenings that will take place.
6. By submitting, you give The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival permission, if the film will be selected, to be screened royalty-free, in our sister event, "The Sci-Fi Children Festival" ,in the same year edition as this Festival.
7. Once a film is officially accepted into the festival, it can no longer be withdraw from the festival line-up or the festival’s ongoing program.
8. By submitting, the filmmakers agrees he has read and understood these terms & conditions of entry.
9. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Unless otherwise indicated, amendments will become effective immediately. Please review these Terms and Conditions periodically.
Current stand: 13 October 2020
If you have a distribution deal or sales agent, we advise that you consult them and obtain a letter of agreement allowing you to submit to The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival. Please consult all of your partners prior to entering.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation):
For more information on our data protection policy visit https://www.festival.galactic.one/privacy-policy-2/ or email us at email@example.com should you have any specific questions regarding your data at The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE NOTE:
If your film is accepted:
1. we do not provide accommodation or flights for you to attend the festival.
2. if you choose to participate, you and another 3 members of your film crew will receive festival passes and at least two of you will be required to participate at the Q&A session which will take place just after your film screening
3.if you will not participate at the festival, you and at least one more member of the film crew (but no more than four person) will be required to participate at the Q&A session which will take place just after the screening, using online streaming services like Skype or similar. You will be contacted in advance to program a set up of the Q&A session during the screening program at the festival, at a mutual convenient time.
If your film is not accepted for the jury selection:
1. you agree to give The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival permission to use the film royalty free for a one-time drive-in free screening of the film, during the festival or in a before-festival screening, if selected by the festival organizers.
2. you agree to give The Galactic Imaginarium Film Festival permission to use the film royalty free for a one-time free screening of the film, during our sister festival "The Sci-Fi Children Festival", during the same year, if selected by the festival organizers.
To help you with your submission have a look at this article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/essential-film-festival-submission-information-anthony-straeger/