“SPORT MOVIES & TV 2019” is the Final of 16 Festivals (around the 5 Continents) of the “World FICTS Challenge” Worldwide Championship of Television, Cinema, Sport, Culture and Communication scheduled in Milano (Italy), from October 25 to 30.
The seventeenth century Palazzo Giureconsulti, in the hearth of Milano (in Piazza Duomo) will be the “Core business” of the event (entrance by invitation upon necessary confirmation) articulated into 140 Projections (in 6 points of projections), 4 Meetings, 2 Workshop, 4 Exhibitions, 2 Press Conference, 30 Awards of international guests, 20 Side Events.
A six-day program with several appointments articulated in 10 prestigious venues, a “Widespread Festival” across the whole of Milan territory which will transform the city into a place dedicated to professionals, fans and tourists of any age. All the admitted productions to the Festival will have maximum visibility at the international level. In addition to appearing on the program of the event, a detailed illustrated booklet is included in the Catalogue of the Festival, in the “Selected” and “General Archive” section on the official website of FICTS while the trailer will be published online in the same section.
A Selection Commission of the Federation will choose some of the best productions that will be sent to the Festivals of the “World FICTS Challenge 2019”.
The International Jury (President Dr. Carlo Bozzali), composed by 7 exponents of cinema, television, media, sport and culture coming from Countries that don’t participate to the Festival, will assign “Guirlande d’Honneur” (“Oscar of Cinema and Sport Television”), “Mention d’Honneur”, “Special Awards” for each 7 Sections.
The event - through “FICTS is Culture through sport” slogan - is organized by FICTS - Federation Internationale Cinema Television Sportifs, joined with 116 Member Countries (chaired by Prof. Franco Ascani Member of “IOC Commission for Culture and Olympic Heritage”) and recognized by the International Olympic Committee for which it promotes the values of sport through footages.
The works sent to the Organizing Committee are evaluated by an international jury that will assign the "Guirlande d'Honneur 2019", the "Mention d'Honneur" and the Special Awards for each of the Sections. The jury is chaired by Professor Dr. Charles Bozzali and it is composed of representatives from cinema, television, media, sport and culture of the countries not participating during the Festival.
Authorities, numerous sports, film and television personalities, with the intervention of the main network, will attend the "Gala Award" of "SPORT MOVIES & TV 2019". Established in 1983, the "Guirlande d'Honneur" Award, designed by Silvio Gazzaniga, the sculptor of the Soccer World Cup, which reproduces the laurel wreath of the winners of the first Olympic Games, is assigned to the best productions in the respective categories of the Festival and to the characters of Sport, TV, Film and Journalism that "have played a significant role in the promotion of the sports image and the cultural and ethical values of sport"
• “Candido Cannavò” Award for the “Olympic Spirit” will be delivered by the son Alessandro and by Mrs Franca to remember the “Direttore” of the Gazzetta dello Sport.
• “Premio della Critica - Targa Bruno Beneck” Award will be delivered by Filippo Del Corno, Department of Culture of Milano.
• “Opera Prima - Enrica Speroni” Award will be delivered by Andrea Monti, “Gazzetta dello Sport” Director.
• “UESpT” Award will be delivered by Teresa Ramilo, UESpT Vice President
• “Gentlemen – Fair Play” Award will be delivered by Gianfranco Fasan, Founder of the Gentleman Award.
In order to submit the productions (the number of works for each participants
is unlimited) to the Festival, it’s obligatory to send within and no later JULY 16, 2019 (the date has been delayed) the following items:
a) Entry Form properly filled in and signed www.fictsfederation.it/festivalform.doc.
b) Copy of video in MOV or MP4 format (Full HD);
c) Copy of trailer (maximum length of 3 minutes) separately from the main work, to be revised on FICTS website in Trailer Section in order to be showed on televisions, during the “Award Ceremony” and open-close air projection on maxi-screen;
d) Bio filmography of Director and/or the Actors;
e) Brief synopsis of the video in Italian and English. For all the works in different languages than English and Italian, it is needed the subtitled and post-production dialogue list;
f) Appropriate digital photographic documentation in high resolution format to be used for the Official Catalogue, Press Office, website and Festival promotional campaign;
g) Payment proof of the Entry Fee;
h) Paper promotional materials (please don’t send files): posters, flyers, brochures, gadgets, etc. to be shown during the Festival. The promo materials must be sent to FICTS Headquarters within and no later July 25, 2019, to the following address:
FICTS – ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
SPORT MOVIES & TV 2019
37 MILANO INTERNATIONAL FICTS FEST
Via De Amicis, 17- 20123 Milano (Italy)
Tel.: +39 02 89409076 - Fax: +39 02 8375973
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – email@example.com
The set of forms must be filled out in English and Italian languages. A not readable, not understandable and/or incomplete documentation (lack of synopsis, lack of stills and video in different requested format, etc.) will implicate the EXCLUSION of the productions from the Festival.
Entry fee is 70 € (seventy euro) and include:
2.Free registration of producer/director to FICTS for 2019
3.The participation in the “World FICTS Challenge”
4.The reduction of 50% of the cost of the overnight stay (max 2 persons) in the Hotel 4* (in the city center of Milano) in rates with FICTS (that will take charge of the remaining 50%) for directors and producers of the submitted productions to the Festival. Payments of the Entry fee (net after bank charges) can be made directly through FICTS website at link http://www.sportmoviestv.com/festival/ by Credit card or through Bank transfer to:
In case of no use of the WCPMedia Services platform, it’s possible to send the above mentioned materials by mail specifying the link from which download the video, by service wetransfer (or similar) :
Occasional withdrawing should be communicated to the Organizing Committee within and no later than September 15, 2019.
All the official communication will be send by e-mail.
N.B: The works of current and past editions having the title “Selected” will be able to participate in the other Festivals in Italy, upon FICTS approval, because of the Federation recognizes, in Italy, only “Sport Movies & Tv” in Milano.
• FICTS will pay the 50% of the cost of the overnight stay in the Admiral Hotel (4 **** in Via Domodossola, 16) for all the period of the Festival if the hotel reservation arrived by and no later than September 15th (www.fictsfederation.it/hotelreservationform.doc). Admiral Hotel, with over 6,000 pieces of memorabilia about cinema in exposition, is located just opposite (50 meters) to the CityLife park, the most exclusive residential area in Milan with an area of 255.000 square meters who offers three shopping areas that offer their own unique experience with plenty to discover (80 stores, 1 supermarket, 20 restaurants and bars and 7 movie theater screens with a total of 1.200 seats). The Admiral Hotel - connected to the entire underground network - enjoys easy access to the city center and shopping areas being 30 meters from the Metro (M5 stop Domodossola) as well as the Milano Nord Domodossola train station directly connected to the Malpensa Express to airport. You can reach Piazza Duomo (venue of the Festival) in 13 minutes by tram n° 19 (V.le Boezio stop in front of the hotel).