The Southern Horror Film Festival is a horror film festival in Atlanta, Georgia. This annual event showcases horror films from around the world. Atlanta has a great film scene in general, but also a dedicated horror film community that is eager to see new films. All flavors of horror are accepted including creatures, suspense, vampires, zombies, psycho killers, dark comedy, animation, and other horrific situations that will make our audience jump. Each of our judges goes through an extensive judges training program and are ready to watch every minute of every film submitted. We are also looking for horror film screenplays and hope to recognize exceptional work that can one day be produced into a short or feature film.
Script writers, in addition to submitting your script to the festival we also provide optional script coverage. Script coverage with our festival includes the price of your submission fee. Your work will be analyzed by a Cinema Life filmmaker who’s produced award-winning films, has extensive writing experience, and also understands the indie way of filmmaking.
Our Team of Judges will decide award nominations and winner from the following categories:
Best Experimental Film
Best Horror Comedy
Best Feature Length Horror Screenplay
Best Film Editing
Best Georgia Horror Film
Best International Horror Film
Best Micro Short Film
Best Short Horror Film
Best Short Horror Screenplay
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• Please fully fill out your submission profile to avoid hold-ups in the judging process.
• If you submit a Film in process and it gets selected, please notice we expect it to be completed within two weeks after the Notification Date. Otherwise, it will be disqualified. No exceptions. It is every submitter's responsibility to read the Rules and Terms of each Festival before submitting.
• If your film is selected, you are expected to provide a link to download your film so that we can project it at the festival. Only Google Drive and Dropbox are accepted. You can also make your film downloadable on FilmFreeway or Vimeo.
• All films must be under 4GB and 1080HD Max in either MP4 or MOV format.
• We do not accept DCP files.
• We do not screen 720p or SD Files.
• We do not stream from YouTube or Vimeo at the event.
• The Southern Horror Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival and for promotional purposes on our website, newsletter, and social media platforms. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Southern Horror Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
• The Southern Horror Film Festival DOES NOT offer refunds on submissions.