Sleeping Owl Film Fest event which aims to discover and recognize new talents from all over the world. It was created in order to support short filmmakers providing a critical evaluation of their work.
What makes a short film a great film it's not how ambitious the story is, but the way the story is being told. The ingredients to have a great short film are a great script, directing,camerawork, lighting and editing.
There are a lot of films that are interesting, but have a careless sound. Every filmmaker must care about the sound before the shooting, it's one of the most important cinematic elements. Catch great actors, not models! It's another advise we provide so that stories can be told in a real way, not in a theatricality way.
Best Drama Short
Best Comedy Short
Best Horror Short
Best Thriller Short
Best Romantic Short
Best LGBT Short
Best Action Short
Best SCI-FI Short
Best Animation Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Experimental Short
Best Student Short
Best Mobile Short
Best Silent Short
Best 1-Minute Short
Best Music Video
Best Web Series
Best Acting (Male)
Best Acting (Female)
Best First Time Director
Best Female Director/Filmmaker
1. All non-English language films must have English subtitles.
2. Short films must be submitted via online submission partner
3. Short films may not exceed 40 minutes in length.
4. Short films submitted under the "1-Minute Short" category may not exceed 1 minute in length (without credits).
5. All entries submitted under the "Silent Short" category must have no dialogues / voice-over.
6. We have no production year barrier.
7. There is no limit on the number of films that each director or producer can submit.
8. Student I.D. is required for entries under the “Student Short” category.
9. All entries must have a synopsis, trailer, a Poster and a Press kit with proper Cast Crew Discription.
10. All entries will be notified about the selection via email.
11. The jury will decide the nominees and the award winning short films in each category. Some categories may not get any nomination if the short films do not match with the selection criteria.
12. Nominees will get our official laurels.
13. Winners will get our official laurels and a digital certificate.
14. The directors and producers of the films submitted declare that they hold the rights of all intellectual forms of expression of third parties contained in their films.
15. All directors and producers give us the right to screen their short films.
16. All directors and producers allow us to use press materials and trailers from their films for promotional purposes.
17. Entries can be disqualified if they don't match with our submission rules.
18. Entry fees are non-refundable.
19. The event organizers can change the rules and terms anytime.
20. The submission of the short films results in acceptance of this regulation.