SERBIAN INTERNATIONAL MONTHLY FILM CARNIVAL (SIMFC) is a global platform covering worldwide live screening events, effectively connecting all big cities and diverse rich cultural hubs of the world. SIMFC organizes annual award ceremonies, provides distribution opportunities, and builds an ever-growing active network of independent filmmakers worldwide. We support independent filmmakers to grow their career in this highly competitive field by showcasing their works in a global platform earning them recognitions and rewards.
We are a chain of film festivals, connecting the top cities of the Serbia, Balkan and world with a vision of true cultural exchange through cinema to make this world a better place to live. All films submitted by the authors will be screened at the festival. Each month, prizes are awarded for the best films in each category.
All Officially Selected projects in each month will receive SIMFC laurels. All monthly Award Winners will receive laurel and customized certificates. Each month, most representatives of monthly award winners are screened in Serbia.
Besides the BEST OF THE CATEGORY AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS and HONOURABLE MENTION AWARDS, which are given, in all categories.
Each year we select the Best of the Best (From the pool of all award winners from all Seasons) and the FINAL WINNER receive the prestigious THE FESTIVALS MAIN TROPHY, as well as a $ 200 cash prize. Delivery costs for Trophy are borne by the winner.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into the selection process of Serbian International Monthly Film Carnival, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
SIMFC is open to any film regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the SIMFC is not a guarantee of selection. All the winning films will receive prestigious Certificate of Recognition and there is a possibility that they will be automatically proposed and qualified at some of the partner festivals in Serbia and the Balkans..Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. Once a film is submitted to SIMFC, the same film can’t be re-submitted again.
3. A director / producer may submit more than one film. SIMFC is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the project. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. The SIMFC reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless SIMFC, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. The organizer will not refund any fees once the filmmaker submits his / her film. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission copy may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the programming director or executive director. WFC does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been selected, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the SIMFC website. The ‘Selected’ status means that you can use the SIMFC Laurel on your poster & banners.
8. All submitted films will be privately screened for SIMFC judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. “Best of the Best” film will be awarded a certificate, as well as cash ($ 200), and will be screened at partner festivals.
10. Filmmakers’ submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link of your film.
12. SIMFC may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.