Screen Power Film Festival is an international cinematic showcase that celebrates and rewards powerful films from all around the world, through monthly, quarterly & annual contests. We are a nonprofit organization (NPO) - all funds raised are invested back into the festival.
Great films deserve to be recognised. Our mission is to give rising indie filmmakers a platform to showcase their hard work and talent, as well as a chance to socialise and network for their future endeavours. Our next red carpet event is set to take place in Central London, May 15th 2021.
Monthly Film Award Categories:
(winners are eligible for live screening)
Best Feature Film
Best Narrative Short Film
Best Foreign Language Short Film
Best Documentary Short Film
Best Student Short Film
Monthly Script Award Categories:
Best Short Script
Best Feature Script
Best TV Script
Additional Monthly Award Categories:
(winners are ineligible for live screening)
Best Original Score
Best Sound Design
Best Production Design
Best Visual FX
Best Hair, Makeup & Costume
Best First-Time Filmmaker
Best Child Actor/Actress
Best Drama Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Horror Film
Best Sci-Fi Film
Best HIstorical Film
Best LGBTQ+ Film
Best Animated Film
Grand Jury Award
Feature Film contests run through a three-month period (quarterly). During this three-month period, a number of Official Selections will be made. Selections are shortlisted as 'In Competition' for prizes, jury awards & film screening.
• All Quarterly Selections receive laurels made available for online download, and their film will be promoted via our website & social media pages.
• Quarterly Winners (from the Best Feature Film category) have the opportunity to showcase their film live at the yearly Screen Power Film Festival in London, and will also receive the Screen Power Prize laurel, certificate & statuette.
(Official Selection notifications will be sent after reviews are finalised. Winners are notified at the end of each three-month period. Current season ends October 5th)
Short Film contests begin and end on the 2nd day of each calendar month. During each month, a number of Official Selections will be made. Selections are shortlisted as 'In Competition' for prizes, jury awards & film screening.
• All Monthly Selections receive laurels made available for online download, and their film will be promoted via our website & social media pages.
• Monthly Award Winners (from each main category) have the opportunity to showcase their film live at the yearly Screen Power Film Festival in London, and will also receive the Screen Power laurel, certificate & statuette. Monthly winners are also entered into our annual short film contest, to be awarded on the night of the event.
(Official Selection notifications will be sent after reviews are finalised. Winners are notified on the 5th of each calendar month)
Script contests begin and end on the 2nd day of each month. During each month, the top 3 scripts (from each category) will be selected as 'Finalists', and enter the next round of judging.
• All Monthly Finalists receive laurels made for available for online download, and their work will be promoted via our website and social media pages.
• Monthly Award Winners receive laurels made for available for online download, an official award certificate, and their work will be promoted via our website and social media pages.
(Finalist notifications will be sent after reviews are finalised. Winners are notified on the 5th of each calendar month)
Screen Power Film Festival accepts films from a wide variety of themes, placing no restrictions on the content of your films. We encourage filmmakers with bold, unique and powerful stories to submit.
Please find a full list of our rules and guidelines below.
⍟ All short film submissions must be under 40 minutes in duration.
⍟ All short script submissions must be under 30 pages.
⍟ Foreign language films (non-English speaking) must have subtitles in English.
⍟ Submitted films must have been made after January 1st, 2017.
⍟ Monthly and quarterly competition winners from each main award category (Best Feature Film, Best Narrative Short Film, Best Documentary Short Film & Best Student Film) will be the only ones eligible for live screening at our annual event.
⍟ Entry fees are paid in full at the time of submission. You can only pay/submit through FilmFreeway.
⍟ All submissions must be fully complete at the time of submission. Incomplete submissions will not be selected.
⍟ We require proof of student status for student submissions.
⍟ Screen Power Film Festival will take place in May 2021. The venue will be announced within at least three months of the event.
⍟ By submitting to us, you are giving consent to have your films promoted via our website and social media pages. This includes the use of posters, photographs and trailers. We will not post the full-length version of your film until the event (if selected). Films selected for the annual event will be asked to provide an HD, MOV or MP4 copy of the film.
⍟ The releases for all content including, but not limited to, music and talent must be obtained by the filmmaker. Screen Power Film Festival is not liable for any copyright infringement or unauthorised usage.
⍟ We reserve the right to refuse entries from the competition at any time.
⍟ By submitting to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the submission rules and declare that your submission is in compliance with all of the rules stated by Screen Power Film Festival and FilmFreeway.