São Paulo Film Festival (SPFF) is an independent film festival that takes place in the most frenetic and populous city in Brazil.
SPFF seeks to support and inspire independent short film from all over the world, by a genuine expression that can stimulate new thoughts to the art of cinema. The Festival SPFF is an organization dedicated to the discovery and development of new artists, with visions beyond the border of the imagination that can thrill audiences from all countries.
Different from most festivals. We watch all the films. Our jury is composed mostly by filmmakers.
Shorts, Animations and Documentaries. Any genre. Total prize 1.000 USD
São Paulo Film Festival (SPFF) é um festival de cinema independente que ocorre na cidade mais frenética e populosa do Brasil.
SPFF procura apoiar e inspirar curtas independentes de todo o mundo, por uma expressão genuína que pode estimular novos pensamentos para a arte do cinema. O festival SPFF é uma organização dedicada à descoberta e ao desenvolvimento de novos artistas, com visões além da fronteira da imaginação que podem atrair audiências de todos os países.
Diferente da maioria dos festivais. Nós assistimos todos os filmes. Nosso júri é composto principalmente por cineastas.
Curtas, Animação e Documentários. Todos os gêneros. Total de Prêmios 1000 USD.
O Festival ocorrerá no dia 18 de dezembro.
All projects officially selected receive the SPFF laurel and certificate.
Total Prize Money 1.000 USD
The awards are given in the follow categories:
Best Narrative Short Film
Best Animated Short Film
Best Documentary Short Film
Best Student Short Film
Best Brazilian Short Film
Others Categories receive only SPFF laurel, certificate.
The prizes in cash will only for: Best Narrative Short Film (200 USD); Best Documentary Short Film (200 USD); Best Animated Short Film (200 USD); Best Student Short Film (200 USD) and Best Brazilian Short Film (200 USD).
Before you submit your film, please read these Rules and Terms.
By submitting your film into competition in the São Paulo Film Festival (SPFF), you agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules and Terms.
SPFF is open to any film completed after January 1, 2018. Submitting your film is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website. All the winning films will receive a certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers.
1. SPFF only accepts digital submissions.
2. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles. With the exception of Portuguese films that do not need subtitles.If your are selected you will need to send english subtitles, even if your film is in English. And a version without subtitles.
3. SPFF is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. SPFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SPFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. SPFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the SPFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that you are now eligible for the nomination and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
8. An official selection and a nominee will be privately screened for the SPFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
9. All the Best films of each category will receive a digital certificate.
10. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official trailer, poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
12. The prizes in cash will only for: Best Narrative Short Film (200 USD); Best Documentary Short Film (200 USD); Best Animated Short Film (200 USD); Best Student Film (200 USD) and Best Brazilian Short Film (200 USD).
The money will be sent in dollars through PayPal account. If in case, the filmmaker does not pass the PayPal account for a period of 30 days after notification, the winner will lose the right to win the prize. Others Categories like: The Best Director Best Cinematography; The Best Actor; The Best Actress, The Best Script will NOT win prizes. Only SPFF laurel and certificate.
13. SPFF reserves the right to reject any film or screenplay that it contains prohibited content or is offensive, of inappropriate.
14. SPFF may without advance notice amend these Rules and Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules and Terms.
15. The festival will take place on December 18 at Cinema Belas Artes, São Paulo
and simultaneously online screening on the festival's website with a private link.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
São Paulo Film Festival (SPFF) reserves the right to hold a public exhibition in São Paulo. Therefore, all filmmakers understand and accept a grant full and unrestricted permission for SPFF to screen the film at times of the festivals choice and to charge an admission fee for the presentation.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Short Film Programs.
Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases the festival SPFF from any and all liability for dam-ages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the festival SPFF is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening.. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. The Festival SPFF assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this film at the actual event.
The SPFF reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
The filmmaker authorizes the use of the film's image in the promotion on our website and social networks indefinitely.